Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvalderaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Mother abandoned children
    My wife went to Texas to see her dying mother. She says she has met someone
    Else and isn't coming back. She has been gone since the first week in may, 2008.
    I have taken care of our 3 children and a full time job since she has been gone.
    Now, this week she came to Nebraska, not telling anyone she was coming. She
    Took our children, took no clothes or anything and took them back to Texas. I want
    My children back. What rights do I have?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 07:30 PM
    You need to file right away for divorce and custody before this goes any further. Make sure you get temporary custody till the hearing. That way you have the right to get your children back by court order. You will be filing in your state as she hasn't lived long enough to have residency in any other state. Also make sure to get a bench warrant for her to appear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Well as soon as she took off, you were suppose to go to court and file for a order of custody, So now you wlll have to hurry and get to court and file for divorce and custody of the children

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children want to be with mother and mother agrees. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I live in Jacksonville,Florida and I have been here since 11/05.I used to live in NYC and at one point I was having a very hard time with my living situation so I gave my ex-husband custody of our 2 beautiful sons(hesitantly) but I knew they would be in a better environment at that time in...

Child abandoned by mother [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: :mad: A great friend of mine really needs some help... him and his girlfriend have a four year old son. They r going through a break up and she has made several comments about leaving and not taking her son with her! How long does she have to be out of contact before the father can...

My exwife abandoned my children what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

My exwife left town while I had our children. She has been out of contact for over a week. She is the custodial parent. I am between jobs and cannot afford legal advise. I don't mind having the children. I want to know what agencies I should be contacting about this and what my options are. ...

Why do grown children all of a sudden forget they ever had a mother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello My son never calls me or ever lets me see my granddaughter. I tried writing to him & he never writes back or returns my emails. I haven't seen my granddaughter over a yr nor my son. Soon my grandbaby will be 2 yrs old & will never get to know me. I get depressed about this....

View more questions Search