Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gina C Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Are they real property!!
    We are going to be putting our home up for sale in the next few months and, I have seen and heard of horror stories that have arisen in real estate transactions. I already know not to get to friendly because, this purely is a business transaction. I will be very cordial and try not get wrapped up in what is said. Like feeling sorry if there is a potitential sad story if you will.

I was just wondering I saw somethig similar as to what I am going to ask posted earlier as "Damaged Goods". I have tons of custom draperies some are on rods and, some are affixed to to the wall that were custom made. Are they apart of the real property? Because of how they are attached to the wall and can not come off like a normal curtain that is on a rod. Now I know I can take the ones that are on the rod. But, as far as the custom ones per the contract it states if I am reading it correctly any real property cannot be removed unless otherwise stated to be replaced in the contract. Can someone help with this matter s, I do not have any nightmares!!

Thank you...

Gina
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2006, 05:47 PM
    First I would also use a real estate agency, and never be at the home when the other party is looking, only let the real estate agent do all of the contact with the buyer.

Next you can include or not include any item you want to be sold with the house.

This is what you "offer for sale" Next when the buyer looks at the home he will if he wants the home, make a offer to buy to include any item he wants or what he does not want. They may ask for your kitchen table, your curtains, even your lawn mower if they want to ask for it.

Then you either say yes or no or counter offer.

The trouble with the previous issue was that first the buyer never looked at the curtains, and next it was not included in the house deal, it was a separate deal.

If curtains are normally custom made, for special size windows, they are included with the house.

If you don't want them to go, you merely say when you put the house up for sale that they are not included.

You don't have to let anything go, you can say in your offer to sale that the bath tub won't stay, any and everything is always up to negotiate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2006, 06:25 PM
    Anything that is not part of the structure of the house or would cause damage if removed, would not be considered part of the property. This doesn't mean leaving screw holes for stuff hung on the walls.

Custom window treaments would not be part of the property and can be offered separately. If the seller is smart, they will enumerate anything they see as part of the contract to prevent any misunderstandings about what can and can't be removed.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2006, 07:23 PM
    And always remember if you want to take a specific rod with you, put it in the contract!

That way, there is no mis-communication.

List all of the pieces and say what he gets or does not gets. Heck, you can say he doesn't get any of that stuff. Put it in the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Property [ 5 Answers ]

I came across a deal in PA which I'm not sure about. The gentleman is about to go belly up and the bank is ready to take the property. He had govt. grants which help him out with the mortgage. The realtor said I could simply take over he's mortgage (under his name) but have the title (ownership) of...

Where is the property marker? [ 9 Answers ]

We bought our home 3 years ago, and up until now, I still do not know where our property ends and where my neighbor's begin. How can I locate the property marker, and what does it look like?

Property split [ 1 Answers ]

hello, we inheriated property when my fatherinlaw died.everything has already cleared probate.our questions are 1-the proty is now tenants in common between the two brothers,they both are 50% owners equally.the willstated sellat fair market value at the time of death which both brothers didn't do...

Is he for real [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married but I recently met a guy- also unhappily married.I never let him know that I was not happy with my husband. He pursued me and called my cellular fone and left messages. We also saw each other to talk. In short, we had a physical relationship for only 1 time. He was kind and considerate...

View more questions Search