Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlferreira83 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Interrogating children
    Is there any law, hopefully in the state of CA, that specifies if one parent can interrogate the children about what goes on at the other parents house? I have to hear about how my children are grilled by their mother every time they visit her house. What can I do to stop this? I have asked verbally and in writing many times. I feel like I am going to be left with no alternative but to request a court order forcing her to stop interrogating our children about what goes on at my house.
    Any advise will be appreciated... even any laws from other states.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlferreira83
    Is there any law, hopefully in the state of CA, that specifies if one parent can interrogate the children about what goes on at the other parents house? I have to hear about how my children are grilled by their mother every time they visit her house. What can I do to stop this? I have asked verbally and in writing many times. I feel like I am going to be left with no alternative but to request a court order forcing her to stop interrogating our children about what goes on at my house.
    Any advise will be appreciated...even any laws from other states.

There is no such law - your opinion of what is "grilling" or "interrogating" may be her opinion of asking the children if they were properly supervised, if their activities were safe. If you are introducing them to a female friend the mother may have concerns about how they are being treated.

Or the mother may be way out of line. Hard to say.

If it is upsetting to the children go back into Court and ask for an evaluation of the children, how this is affecting them - but I really don't think the Court will do anything. This is human behavior which (unfortunately) cannot be regulated.

Is this upsetting to the children? Why is it upsetting to you?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
    If you can get the court to have the children examined and they are seriously damaged by this then the judge can make changes. However, it isn't likely that they are so damaged that the judge would order this it souds more like you are annoyed by her rather than her breaking any laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Age for children [ 3 Answers ]

When do you think is the best age to have children? I understand when your married stable etc.. But as far as age preference.

What do you want for your children? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi again :) While particapting on another thread, I realized one of the qualities that I most admire about someone is the deep love they have for their children. It is so evident when the speak and I get such a joy seeing that type of love that I think is indescribable. And then I wondered (...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Will we have more children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed in 2004 with cancer. He went through about 8 months of treatment (chemo and radiation). I've read a lot about the type of chemo he was given and have found that one of the side effects is often infertility. We didn't have anytime to plan out what we were going to...

View more questions Search