Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
    songwriting problems
    right so I write music but I like a certain type of music yet, when I write a song it will always ended up being too pop-ish sounding or something and I don't like that at all!
    also I only sing so writing music is really hard for me, wel I play a little piano but I can't just write a song and really good music, it only ends up being random chords but I want to write a full song!
    also I have to overcome problems because I'm too shy and underconfident to show my music to people! Please help!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:57 AM
    What kind of music is it that you want to write, please? I compose and arrange music both instrumental and vocal.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
    When I write anything I write one sentence per line and then skip lines so that after I write down all the main sentences I want in it I can read over it and come up with stuff that will that makes it flow better and add it. Then when I am satisfied that I have all the lines I want in it then I arrange it in the order I want it if something looks out of place or will fit somewhere else better.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 02:41 PM
    You don't mention the word "lyrics" or "words" in your post. So, that makes me wonder if you are just wanting to compose instrumental music for the piano that has no words to it? If it is music that has no words to it, then it would normally be called a "piece" or "tune." People frequently will incorrectly use the word "song" when they are describing a piece of music that has no words to it.

Writing just simple instrumental music is much more difficult than composing folk or popular type songs. When you have the lyrics to a song that go along with some kind of rhythmic meter, than it's usually not that hard to come up with a melody to go along with them. Knowing how to compose or come up with an instrumental accompaniment, is an entirely different matter, though.

If you are truly wanting to compose songs, then if you put some of the lyrics here, then I can show you how to compose a melody and also the chords that would go along with it.

Thanks!
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 12:46 AM
    I have lyrics but I just find it hard to write really good piano music, I can do chords etc. I just need help with the little extra bits that make a really good piece of music.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Hi, sammy76!

Thank you for the clarification as to what you are trying to do!

If you would post some of your lyrics here, then I can show you how to set them to piano music for the accompaniment.

You say that you play a little piano, but it would help to know as to what you can already play so that I could write you music that you can play for your songs.

How old are you, anyway? It would also help to know that.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:43 PM
    I was serious about my offer, sammy76! And, I do hope that you will return to this thread and post some lyrics so that I can teach you how to write the music to them that you could also play. I do now know that you are 16 from something else that you had posted on another thread. So, at least that question has been answered.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 02:56 AM
    I'm still looking to see if you will come back to this thread and post some of your lyrics, sammy76 because I really can help you! Please return! What you post and what I write will be of benefit to others who might have questions that are of a similar nature!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 01:37 AM
    I'm still waiting here and am hopeful that you will return, sammy76!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Social Problems and Sociological Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Differntiate between social problems and sociological problems

Songwriting tips! [ 6 Answers ]

I really would love to make up a good song fast or slow it doesn't matter. The only problem is where do I start? What can it be about? I can't think of words to put in a song its really hard. ANY TIPS?!

Oscar-nominated songwriting brothers? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure how I'm going to answer this question, but I thought I'd throw it out for comment. In a newspaper trivia contest, this is a clue: "Name the brothers who, between them, earned eight Oscar nominations for Best Song." Here are the only brothers I can find who were nominated...

Songwriting [ 1 Answers ]

I couldn't tell if there were many songwriters on this forum or not. I write poetry and now mostly songs on my acoustic guitar, mostly rock style songs nothing heavy but occasionally folky too. I was wondering if anyone is has any experience with Q Base or especially Pro Tools and if there is...

View more questions Search