Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Do I have depression?
    Hi
    Lately I've been feeling really down and I think I may have depression or maybe it could be the symptoms of something else.
    Recently I've been missing heaps of school and when I wake up, just thinking about school makes me tired, I hate going to school and, when I do, I can barely stay awake or last a full day, meaning I pretend I'm sick and go home.
    I have trouble concentrating on anything I do and I usually play piano a lot and I'm really good at it but lately I can't stand practicing and thinking about performing is the worst. I know I love it but just the effort to get up and do things is too tiring. I'm never bothered to even get dressed to go shopping or anything and most nights I just come home and watch TV or sleep.
    I haven't done one bit of homework in months and its showing on my reports and stuff. Last year I would be so alive and talk a lot during class which wasn't good anyway, but I would love to go to school and see my friends but, now everything just lags and the days go by so slow. My family argues A lot so I usually find myself crying over that and my parents don't seem to understand what I want. My siblings always tease me and I get very edgy and annoyed when things don't go my way.I'm always thinking about what I look like and my weight. I know its awful, but somedays I wish I could make myself throw up but when I try, I just can't. I think about how people would react if I died and even though this sounds quite depressing, I could never actually kill myself. But I just never want to do anything!! Please help, what could this be?
    I've researched depression quite a bit but all the symptoms seem so dramatic, but maybe I'm just in denial? Please help
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Jul 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy76
    hi
    lately ive been feeling really down and i think i may have depression or maybe it could be the symptoms of something else.
    recently i've been missing heaps of school and when i wake up, just thinking about school makes me tired, i hate going to school and, when i do, i can barely stay awake or last a full day, meaning i pretend im sick and go home.
    i have trouble concentrating on anything i do and i usually play piano alot and i'm really good at it but lately i can't stand practicing and thinking about performing is the worst. i know i love it but just the effort to get up and do things is too tiring. im never bothered to even get dressed to go shopping or anything and most nights i just come home and watch tv or sleep.
    i haven't done one bit of homework in months and its showing on my reports and stuff. last year i would be so alive and talk alot during class which wasnt good anyway, but i would love to go to school and see my friends but, now everything just lags and the days go by so slow. my family argues ALOT so i usually find myself crying over that and my parents dont seem to understand what i want. my siblings always tease me and i get very edgy and annoyed when things dont go my way.i'm always thinking about what i look like and my weight. i know its awful, but somedays i wish i could make myself throw up but when i try, i just can't. i think about how people would react if i died and even though this sounds quite depressing, i could never actually kill myself. but i just never want to do anything!!! please help, what could this be??
    i've researched depression quite a bit but all the symptoms seem so dramatic, but maybe im just in denial? please help

Well I have about the same thing only for " i've been missing heaps of school and when i wake up, just thinking about school makes me tired, i hate going to school and, when i do, i can barely stay awake or last a full day, meaning i pretend im sick and go home. " this for :) I am guessing your in high school hehe because when I was in high school I had about the same thing and... even now :eek: don't worry just try to go to school everyday new things will happen time past really quick sometimes like a blink of eye its already one week... then soon graduate! In my last day of high school I was like WOW time goes by real quick. Even if your in middle school or any other grade your in sooner or later you'll know. :cool: Well goodluck

P.S

( ) ( )
    (O.O)
    ( > <) Here's a gift, Best of Luck! :cool:
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Thanks
    I am in high school
    But with my piano and stuff, its all I really want to do and before I got all tired I had a whole plan for it and a job worked out and stuff but now I just can't be bothered and I know that not bothering won't get me anywhere but I just can't find the effort!!
    Millydogz Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jul 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Just keep going. I'm going through a similar thing (I'm even playing piano as well). If you set yourself a goal, and see it through to the end, you will make a difference. You said something about your weight? Well if you think you are suffering from depression, go out and do a full, hard exercise. You may feel a bit sore after, but I guarantee that you will feel better. Depression can also result from the types of food that you eat. Food like potato chips and lollies (just unhealthy food in general) may make you feel good for a little while, but then the high fades, and you feel worse afterwards. The best thing to do would be to eat healthily and only have the occasional lolly or whatever. You will find that with a healthy lifestyle that things will go better, and you will even be more tolerant with your siblings! Go out, have fun, and spend some time with your friends.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 28, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Yes, it sounds like depression. Its hard for me to admit, but I suffer from it too.

Some people get it during the winter, because the sun isn't out as much.. The days are sooo gloomy.

Some people are situational, death in the family, break up, fights... stress.. etc. But you will be back on your feet soon.

Some people like me... struggle with depression their whole life.

Depression can run in families.. does it in yours? Mine does...

I think you should talk to your doctor... Ask for a medication and a therapist.
    Don't just go with a medication... Medication and Therapy go hand and hand for max results.

For now, try tanning, the sunlight helps make you feel better. And you look great with a tan too! Lol

Or exercise, etc.. Just do things that make you happy and make you feel good.

Hang in there sweety!! If you need to talk more leave me a message!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:20 AM
    It sounds like one thing you should do is get good sleep, exercise, find some positive outlets, and eat healthy and take a multiple vitamin... for starts.
    skipnrocks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
    My friend,
    Believe that things can always change, and you will be better and find happiness.
    I have fought depression much of my life. There are many things that may be affecting you.
    Your family situation is one. Rest and good nutrition is another.
    Talking to a counselor along with medicine can change your whole world.
    There are many people who care about you.
    Email us if we can help,
    Sincerely,
    Gene
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Are you doing drugs andor alcohol?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 7 Answers ]

I need help I'm depressed want to kill myself but too scared and just want to be happy be normal. What is the best way to deal with this? Its horrible. Tried pills they worked for bit then came off them don't want to go back on them because hey make you feel worse before you feel better!

Dog Depression [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 yr old Maltese passed away 2 weeks ago suddenly & violently, and now my 14 yr old Maltese is very depressed. She sleeps all the time now, I have tried everything to keep things as normal as possible, but her eating, drinking are almost nil except for a little water and a few licks of food. ...

Depression and more [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to be depressed all the time and have anxiety and feel like no one cares and be shy should I consult a doctor or something and I keep it all in until I can't hold it much longer but even after its still there

Depression. [ 5 Answers ]

Ever Since I was 15 Years Old I had Depression. I would go see a Doctor all the time. I was always Down and Sad Feeling Hopeless with Just Everything in my Life. My Depression Would Come and Go For about Four Years Now. But Since my Twins were born ( 9 months ago) I have the worse Depression...

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

View more questions Search