Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reistrade Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Won order to Vacate Judgment-how delete from county clerk file?
    Hi,

I won an order to vacate a default judgment. The judge asked me to get a copy of the transcript of the court session, she signed it, and it was sent on to the county clerks office. My default judgment is officially vacated, yet the transcript is now public record. I would like to file some sort of Motion to make the Summons, Complaint, Default Judgment, and Motion to Vacate, private or hidden from public view.

If it was vacated why should it show up on my county records at all?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 08:18 PM
    No, civil court actions are public record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida

How to file with the clerk of the court [ 2 Answers ]

In Florida, what paperwork is necessary to file for divorce with the Clerk of the Courts.

HOA REgistration with County Clerk [ 1 Answers ]

As a community we recently decided to self manage. I understand we have to file contact information with county clerks office for the purpose of a title company needing contact info for the HOA officers during a sale of a home in the community. Any ideas on whar exactly has to be filed? Is it a...

Too late to Vacate a Judgment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Vince here from California. I'm in a bit of a sticky situation and I am begging For any advices. My bank account was froze over the weekend because the sheriff dept. has levied it. I did not know why until I dug around. I was named as one of the Defendants (the other two defendants...

Called county clerk today? [ 8 Answers ]

I called the clerk today to make sure I was bringing all the correct documents for our divorce. It's a very simple uncontested divorce, we're not using an attorney. She told me she could not tell me what were the correct documents to bring. I'm assuming that would be considered "giving legal...

View more questions Search