Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuanngnt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Honey well motorized damper
    Damper. Since I think my motorized damper on the zone 2 might have a problem, I want to open it manually; but how do I do it. I have heard someone said that disconnect the linkage. What is a linkage? Is it a two wires that connect to the Zone controller. The manual said power to open and spring to close. What do they mean spring to close? Overall, I would like to find a way to open it manually and I don't want to rip out all the cover. I did not see my damper has a switch or anything.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Linkage is mechanical. Good example, non damper related is disconnect the steering wheel linkage would mean make it so the steering wheel doesn't move the wheels.

In your case, "spring to close" means without power the damper will be closed by a spring. Dampers can be power to open/close, spring to open or spring to close.

"Disconnect the linkage" means render the damper inoperable by the motor or spring.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Word of caution. Before you get your system really out of wack call a professional and get a ON SITE inspection of your problems. Damage to a zone system can get real expensive real quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Damper [ 4 Answers ]

If we want to install Fire Damper in supply duct or in return duct... For which duct we have to design?. We know it has to be install in both the ducts... But in some cases we have to install one fier damper that is in supply or reurn duct?. If have any UL555 & ASHRAE BACK PAPERS...

Fire Damper [ 4 Answers ]

In HVAC Clean Room FIRE DAMPER will be installed in SUPPLY DUCT or in RETURN DUCT?

Motorized bicycle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to determine whether to use a spindle or sprocket on my motor for my motorized bike, what's your suggestion?

View more questions Search