Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thehumanlynx Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Thanks a lot. That fixed it. I had read about marking the white wire black, but there was no such delineation in that box.

Thanks for clarifying, all is well now.

I appreciate the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Window switch don't work [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2003 Ford Explorer and my right front window stop working, only go down, no up I found out about no ground in the switch, I put the one from the rear door and still don't Work, Thanks, Miguel

Leviton wireless 3-way switch won't work [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Leviton wireless light switch control installed to control one circuit (ceiling lights) in a 3-way configuration. There is a hard wired switch (receiver?) at one switch control, the second light switch is disabled. The "remote" unit is powered by battery and attaches to any surface with...

Attic fan w/thermostat will not work through switch [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to wire an on/off switch for my attic fan which has a thermostat. As soon as I turn on the switch the breaker trips. I thought the switch was shorting out so I tried another switch but the breaker tripped again. If I remove the switch from the circuit the fan works fine. Is there...

Some fixtures on a switch work some don't [ 1 Answers ]

I have a switch that doesn't want to shut off, and now that it does, only some of the lights are coming back on. The recessed cans on the switch work but another ceiling fixture doesn't. I took the cover off the switch and noticed the ground wire wasn't connected to the switch and the red wire...

How does a ceiling fan five speed switch work? [ 4 Answers ]

Looking for information on how does 5 speed fan rotary switch for a ceiling fan increase and decrease the fan speed at any given time.

View more questions Search