Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pest79456 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Powering/recharging laptop ot other electronics with solar panel
    I am going to radio shack to buy some regular power cells and I don'd want my computer to fry so I am looking for something about resistors and or other stuff to use to make this. I am planning to fix them to my computer.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Before you go to the Shack, check out Science Surplus. Their paper catalog is a hoot (so much so that I've not bothered with the online version yet). Besides all sorts of wacky stuf is some pretty scientific stuf as wee, incl'd solar panels and all types of resistors and other electronic supplies. And the prices can't be beat.

sciencesurplus.com: The Leading Science Supplies Site on the Net
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Jul 28, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Before you try to build one of these, take a look at the ready made products:

Solar Gadgets & Gismos - Solar Laptop Chargers

A laptop takes a lot more power to charge than you might think.
    pest79456 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Sorry the web site charges too much for one I can get one abuo six by 2 feet for about $180 but I want a cmaller one and that's why I am building one and I want to know what to put on to prevent power surges etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Panel Power [ 2 Answers ]

A solar panel is rated 100W 12V. What would be the out-put of the same panel at 24V

Powering on TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic HDTVMonitor,model CT-36HL42C.the power is not coming on with the TV botton itself or with the remote control, both sound and picture are fine when TV powers up, can you tell me the problem parts and cost of fix ?

Is their a certain way of connecting a small solar panel to aa batteries [ 1 Answers ]

My son And I are building a solar water park for a school project and was wondering is their a certain way of connecting a solar panel to a 4 aa battery holder since the batteries are producing energy and so is the panel. Thank you, Fonny32:)

Recharging 134A a/c in Van [ 2 Answers ]

The parts store says it is easy to recharge the a/c is this true? I do not want to mess my a/c up. ::)

View more questions Search