Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Have you tried brushing with Sensodyne? It will take a couple of weeks of twice a day brushing until you know if it's working. If your dentist can find any possible cause for the sensitivity after taking x-rays to check for cavities AND to check the root tips for infection there should be no need for a root canal.
    By any chance do you grind your teeth at night? Have you been under major stress lately? If you are a grinder (and you may not even realize you are doing it), this too could cause the teeth to be sensitive to cold and chewing. You could see a massage therapist to help you with that or have a night guard made so you aren't abusing your teeth while you sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root Canal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There I just had the first part of a root canal done today... you know the part where they make a nice big hole in the tooth and take everything out... I have a temporary filling for now but I was wondering if there is anything special that I could do to "baby" this thing so there are no...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I am on antibiotics for a root canal that is infected, it still swells and is uncomfortacle when I lay down at night. I had it exrayed , it wasn't cracked looked good, but is it bad since it won't get better at night. I have a temporary crown on it and when it swells is hits my bottom teeth is that...

Root canal [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I had a root canal and the tooth needs a crown, but I am petrified of the dentist. The tooth never had pain until the dentist touched my tooth two years ago. Now the tooth has pain every now and then. The other night that same tooth had pain, but the pain was gone in the morning. The next...

Root Canal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a root canaled tooth, #11, that is bothering me. I have had it for over 6 years. I got it xrayed and it showed that the post had fractured the tooth above the gumline. I was not given a choice of options on this, only to extract it. I don't want to do this. I know it can be saved somehow....

Root canal perforation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I want to ask a lot of question about the root canal perforation! Like What's the meaning of root perfoation? Causes ? Tratment? How to avoid root perforation ?

View more questions Search