Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Aug 7, 2008, 12:47 AM
    I, as of yet, have not found a phone listing for a Robert or Patricia Hurt. Also, he seems not to have any police record.
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Aug 7, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Then I don't think it's the right guy... Everyone has told me that when I was basically first born he went to prison. And some of my family heard he was incarcerated in Georgia also. Maybe he got his record cleaned up? Or it just might not be him at all... thanks anyway!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zawatska
    Then I don't think it's the right guy... Everyone has told me that when I was basically first born he went to prison. And some of my family heard he was incarcerated in Georgia also. Maybe he got his record cleaned up?? Or it just might not be him at all...thanks neways!

Can't find a record for him in Georgia but he has an arrest of some sort (could be traffic) in the computer system in Pennsylvania - if his birth date is February 1960. No current address or phone number.

Past address in Middletown, PA.

Aug 7, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Judy: 1960 is too old. My Mom is 37, and he was around her age. Either 37 or a year older 38. Thanks though. I'm going to try writing it anyway... maybe its his brother or a cousin, or something.. what would I say in the letter?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Aug 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Pennsylvania list only one criminal record for a Robert Hurt (DUI)(1991) As mentioned by JudyKayTee.
    No criminal records for any combination of Robert (Bob) Hurt listed in Georgia or Florida unless I missed seeing them.

Aug 7, 2008, 02:44 PM
    But last anyone knew or heard, he lived down south for years after I was born in 1988. Oh well I'm going to write him a letter and hope its him, but not get too personal just in case it isn't him... thanks guys

Aug 7, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Just mailed out a letter! Hope its him!!
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:53 PM
    just mailed out a letter!! hope its him!!!

Will you come back and let us know? I'm always curious how things work out.

Without a lot of detail, what did you say? I don't think I'd have any idea where to begin!

"Hi Dad -" and then I'd rethink that!

Aug 7, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Lol I'm so nervous, but I'm glad I did it, and I hope its him! My luck it won't be him though... but anyway, I just said I'm looking for my bio. Father and my mothers name is... and my dad had blondish hair back when I was born, and if you aren't him, sorry for wasting your time and if u ARE him I would love to meet and speak to you. Please respond back!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Good luck. We'll be waiting for an update!

Aug 7, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Thanks!

Aug 13, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Just to check in with everyone... I have found a total of 3 addresses for my biological father, and sent a letter to each one, hoping to find him or get my letter forwarded to his new address or something. Thanks everyone for your help..!
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Just to check in with everyone... I have found a total of 3 addresses for my biological father, and sent a letter to each one, hoping to find him or get my letter forwarded to his new address or something. Thanks everyone for your help...!!

Keep us informed - this must be both exciting and frightening for you, all at the same time!

Aug 13, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Definitely judy. I'm finding myself checking the mail everyday when usually I don't... but there's nothing coming... :((

Aug 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Geeeeeez, 3 days and still no answer... usually takes about 2 days from NY to PA UGH!
    Anybody know how many days it takes for a letter to get forwarded if the recipient has moved?
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Geeeeeez, 3 days and still no answer... usually takes about 2 days from NY to PA UGH!
    Anybody know how many days it takes for a letter to get forwarded if the recipient has moved?

Well, either it gets delivered and is marked "Not at this address" and returned to the Post Office and then they sort of re-mail it and it takes however many days to get to the new address OR the Post Office gets it and re-mails it and, again, so many days to the new address.

I would think that the fact that it hasn't come back to you might be good news, although if it's 2 days in each direction it's hard to tell.

I would also think if you did locate your father it will be a shock to him and he may need a day or two to absorb it and decide just what to say when he contacts you.

Hang in there.

Aug 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Okay Judy guess what!? I work at my moms store/restaurant, and we were just sitting around talking about my real dad... and the store phone rings... I run and answer it and this guy asks for my mom, and I ask "may i ask whos calling" and he says ROBERT. Me not thinking anything was like "ok hang on a sec". She finds out who it is, and ITS MY FATHER! He got the first letter I sent..! We exchanged numbers and he said he would call me later tonight! Thanks so much
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Okay Judy guess what!???????? I work at my moms store/restaurant, and we were just sitting around talking about my real dad...and the store phone rings... I run and answer it and this guy asks for my mom, and i ask "may i ask whos calling" and he says ROBERT. Me not thinking nething was like "ok hang on a sec". She finds out who it is, and ITS MY FATHER! He got the first letter I sent...!!!! We exchanged numbers and he said he would call me later tonight! thanks so much

Oh, wow - this gave me goosebumps, it really did.

And it sounds like it's going to go well.

You must be THRILLED!

Oh, this is exciting - keep us updated. And congratulations - on persisting and being open to contact. A lot of people end up with chips on their shoulders or anger toward the father and do nothing but stew.

Excellent news! (wow, I'm excited, too!)
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Wow... I'm so excited for you! This is great news. Good luck with the first phone conversation. Keep an open mind... don't try to make him match up with the man you have created in you head... be open to who he is. Over time you will find the relationship that works for both of you.

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes.

Aug 18, 2008, 10:41 AM
    It was so odd feeling you know? My step father isn't too happy. He wasn't thrilled to find out he actually called me. I think he just thinks my bio. Father is going to somehow replace him but that would NEVER happen. And yes, thanks jjwoodhill... I'll keep what u said in mind!!

And Judy- I was shaking like a leaf! And the letter I sent him I didn't leave my phone number so he went to the trouble to research my moms store number! So that means he trying and he cares, right??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find people who are interested instead of me finding them? [ 4 Answers ]

I just became an associate in a home-based business with Pre-paid legal services Inc. because of all the publicity they have been getting on Tv and in magazines. Anyway, I will be making great commissions for every membership I sell or if I recruit another as an associate like I have become. It is...

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

Finding people [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a website where if I input the name and email of a person , it will tell me the person's current address?

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

View more questions Search