Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenny77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Is this technically cheating?
    IF YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND WERE TOGETHER FOR 1 YEAR AND 4 MONTHS..AND U GUYS BROKE UP FOR A MONTH..HE SLEPT WITH A GIRL TWICE...DID HE TECHNICALLY CHEAT..WE BOTH THOUGHT IT WAS COMPLETELY OVER ESPECIALLY HIM??? DID HE CHEAT
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jul 28, 2008, 10:42 AM
    No you were broken up so no matter how you slice it, he didn't cheat on you.
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Jul 28, 2008, 11:03 AM
    This is true. It may hurt because you weren't broken up for long, but no. If you were broken up he didn't cheat.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 28, 2008, 11:13 AM
    If you were broken up, he was free game (as were you)
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Jenny, knowing the background of your situation I hope you aren't looking for excuses for this relationship to heal.

To answer your question, no it's not cheating. Hiding the fact that he did more than just kiss, that's lying. That makes trust very hard to handle in a relationship.

It's broken, like a mirror, only going to cause more pain to try n fix it
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 28, 2008, 11:20 AM
    The fact that he slept with another girl during the breakup, and knowing your situation, I don't know if YOU can get past this. He lied to you about what he did with her. Lying in itself hurts.

Its up to YOU to figure out if YOU can get past the mess and forgive him and make things work. If you can forgive him for lying, and go from there, then by all means make it work, but if you can't, there is no sense lying to yourself that things will be better.

My ex promised things would be different after he cheated. We had a trial run at dating and nothing changed, and the 2nd time around I could see through all his lies. And it didn't help that in the back of my mind I knew that what he had done would always be nagging at me and causing doubt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon technically finished probation go to Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a felon who is just now finishing my supervised probation. I was told by the p.o. that once I was on unsupervised, I could go to any country for vacation without notice. I will get my notification in the mail, but I will not need it to travel. I already have my passport, it was not revoked or...

What are cpu cases technically called? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I don't know how many of you have ever bought a CPU. The cpu is usually enclosed in a special plastic case that snaps open and shut. I am trying to buy these in bulk, but when I Google "cpu case" I can't find what I'm looking for. I want to know the term to search to be able to find these...

Cheating on your ex, then cheating on your current boyfriend with your ex. [ 17 Answers ]

Quite the dilemma you would say. I'm actually not feeling anything morrally wrong about it, but that's wrong. I would like to say that I'm confused about my actions and how this all happened. Over the summer my xbf went away for the summer for 2months. As for the Long Distance Relationship -...

View more questions Search