Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    993099142 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
    How many calories do I need to maintain my body weight?
    I am an obese female, 22 years old. 174 pounds at 40% body fat and I'm 5"3.
    rcase Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
    I have seen this equation somewhere for calories needed to maintain weight. Take your current weight and multiply by 10 then take your weight and multiply it by 3 if you are inactive. Then add the two numbers together. Example 174 x 10=1740 plus 174 x 3=522, 1740+522=2262 calories to maintain your weight if you are inactive. You can go to healthstatus.com to see other weight calculators. Hope this helps.
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Go vist this link.

How to Calculate Calorie Intake

GB
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Simple rough answer : females around 1500 calories. Males around 2000 calories.
    Of course that all depends on your body activities, on what work you do, on how you transport yourself, what sports you do, etc. etc. etc.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it better to count calories or fat grams in order to lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

I am interested in knowing your advice regarding calories vs. fat grams... is it better to watch calories or far grams?

How to gain weight have fat in the body [ 4 Answers ]

I an 43 years old and I am have not got any fat in my body . I also don't want to eat anything i.e.things which can increase the weight I like only chats and nothing else.Help me out

How to lose weight and maintain it [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I have been trying to loose weight the last 6 weeks by exercising 5 days a week and eating healthy. It going OK but not getting the results I really want. Instead of losing a kilo every week I loose just below or not at all. How can I Lose 10 kg in 2 weeks? Rerds Abwoli.

Calories vs fats for proper weight gain [ 10 Answers ]

In creating a diet for weight gain is it more important to look at caloric value on food lables or fat content. I appreciate that there are good fats and bad fats but that is not the question. I have been divorced for a year and am just stabilizing my life and looking to put the 20 lbs that I...

Weight loss calories [ 2 Answers ]

If the total calories is 200 And serving container is about 4? How do I find the total calories for 1 serving?

View more questions Search