Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FritoLover99 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:17 AM
    4 week old poodle puppies won't eat softened food
    Hi I have six 4 week old toy poodle puppies. I am trying to get them to eat softened food. Any ideas?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Have they been weaned yet ? At four weeks they are probably still looking for a nipple and not quite ready for other food. I suggest you call your vet and see he has any ideas; they are actually quite young yet.
    FritoLover99 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Have they been weaned yet ? At four weeks they are probably still looking for a nipple and not quite ready for other food. I suggest you call your vet and see he has any ideas; they are actually quite young yet.
    No they have not been weaned yet. We were planning on doing it when they turne 6 weeks but we wanted them to be eating good.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Why don't you just let nature take its course and wait until they are completely ready to go on dog food. They will get used to the idea when they are ready, and their mom thinks they are ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 week old puppies have fleas. [ 32 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, my female gave birth to 5 beautiful puppies. I noticed that they are really infested with fleas. I really don't know what to do because of their age. I gave all the animals in my house a bath and cahnged their blankets. They still are covered. What should I do, and is it safe to...

Greasy 2 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a litter of 2 week old puppies. They are very very greasy. I know this is not normal and have given benebac to help if it is an absorption problem. Has any one experienced this and what did you do to help it. J

The best food for dogs/puppies [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am wondering what is the best food for dogs/puppies. I hear so many opinions but still not sure what to choose... I've heard that the dog food is bad and don't mind to spend time for cooking food for my puppy (chocolate lab). Please advise. Thanks very much, Katya

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

Feeding 2 week old puppies! [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, Are beagle had puppies just about 2 weeks ago, 2 really good size a 1 a runt. We have been bottle feeding them since the first day , cause are beagle had a C-secntion and we did not want to put her more pain.. I was wondering at what age can they drink/eat on there own... AND

View more questions Search