Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharon Gosha Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Documents belonging to someone else filed on the wrong account
    While reviewing an account it was discovered that the documents that are stored in this file belong to someone else. Is this a HIPAA violation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Not unless the information was revealed to a third party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong tax form filed first [ 4 Answers ]

I used turbo tax and they had me mail in a 1040X amended form.After 4 months with no return I called the IRS and they said they had my amended return and were waiting to receive my original return before they could do anything.The IRS guy had no idea what I should do.That 1040X was my original...

Filed wrong form, now what next? [ 2 Answers ]

I came to US in Oct 2007 on H1B and this is my first stay in US. I filed my tax return last month with 1040-EZ (With W7 for my wife) and got my refund back from IRS. But someone told me that I should have filed 1040-NREZ rather than 1040-EZ. Moreover, the maximum federal tax refund on...

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Documents and settingsuser account is not accessible - Access is denied [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have run into a big problem that I hope someone can help me with this? My old C drive one day would not boot up windows for some reason? It displayed "bad boot sector id" or something like that? What I did was to purchase and install another HD and set my ole C drive as a slave. I...

Filed wrong [ 1 Answers ]

I used taxact and filed both mine and my fiance's taxes. I claimed him as a dependent on mine as I was head of household. I forgot to put that he could be claimed as a dependent on someone else's. If I just file mine without him we are going to loose a lot of money that we need. What should I do?...

View more questions Search