Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rowan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 07:36 PM
    g-spot? What is it.
    Yeah, I know what you're thinking... duh, where's has this person been? No comment... but I hear in the news, movies,etc... about this. What is it? Why do people make such a big deal about it. Do people believe it is the source of orgasms, or just a bonus... or a totally separate thing. I'd like to know so I don't look stupid... but I guess I already do (ha ha):D so seriously "experts" give me a shout, I know I'm not the only one wondering. And try not to be too crude. Specific yes, crude no. and you'll know who you are. Thanks
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:31 PM
    The g-spot (named after Dr grafenberg a german doctor) is an area on the front wall of the vagina that can be felt (by some women-not all) during sexual excitement, it is around the size of a 20cent coin or a quarter(for you americans!) and it has the texture of a section of rough lemon. If stroked or some pressure is applied to it, it can bring on an unusual orgasm or enhance a clitoral orgasm. I can be more specific if you like...

G-spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    brazilia Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2008, 03:44 AM
    It feels great.. and xrayman def knows where it is wow!
    rowan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Thanks guys. Just right on the info. Should be interesting
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 09:08 AM
    In addition to the linked info above, a few notes.

The declaration of the g spot has been an empowering discovery and also a crushing blow... and every place in between... depending on the woman's experience.

For those who find stimulation of this internal tissue can bring them to orgasm, its wonderful. Having to not rely on direct external clitoral stim allows the woman more ways to enjoy intercourse or other means of stimulation... one can choose angles during sex that can hit this region better. Great news if you are responsive.

If you cannot reach orgasm with stimulation of this region, its obviously an opportunity for the woman to feel frustrated if other women clearly do seem responsive here.

For as long as its been talked about and written about, there's still a lot that's unsure about the "g spot", including its presence.

The spongy tissue that is present, whether you are "responsive" or not, potentially has a different role... extra protection of the urethra (the tube that carries urine from the bladder) during sex... so the presence of this tissue alone doesn't mean a woman will be necessarily more aroused with the stimulation of this region.

Some would prefer no use of the word "spot"... and instead we simply talk about stimulation of the upper vaginal wall. Some believe that this region is actually an extension of the clitoral complex, that the "roots" of the clitoris may be stimulated internally. A recent study suggested women who were nonresponsive in this region had decreased innervation, while others state that numbers of nerves aren't as important as cross over connections. Clearly there isn't a mass of histological evidence that pinpoints mass innervation in this "spot", and even if there is elusive innervation, there's the whole issue of how the mind processes sensations.

So... my opinion? I think its worth educating yourself on theories about the g spot and ways to potentially use it for sexual satisfaction... while at the same time understanding that if you aren't responsive here, it doesn't mean you are at any special "disadvantage"...

Among partners I've had, one absolutely could be brought to orgasm with the commonly described "come hither" movement with a finger. Another lover never reached orgasm like that, but seemed responsive to positions that placed the penis at an angle that would better stimultate this region, and then another lover said she occasionally had orgasms with this region stimulated, but found clitoral stim was her best bet.

A combination of clitoral stim (sometimes through self stim during intercourse) and rhythmic upper vaginal wall stim can sometimes be powerful for the woman.

All that rambling just to tell you there are really mixed feelings about how to discuss the g spot. Real? A gynecological UFO, as one researcher states? I have no doubt from personal experience that stim of the upper vaginal wall can bring some women to orgasm, and can do little in others.

Last note... rowan, I know its off topic, but remember the biggest erotogenic zones you have is your mind and your skin. The issues you've had and are having in your past and current affair are issues id address if you have struggles in the bedroom. Not preaching here... just addressing that real phenomenon that the mental side plays in pleasurable sex. Stress from the past and anxiety about your current situation can easily make it a lot harder for you to release and let go.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Wikiedia has a good general article. Here is a copy of my comments on the g-spot from a question a couple of days ago.

"I have done a lot of research on the "g-spot", but I'll just share a tiny bit with you. What are commonly called the g-spot cells lie on the side of the vagina that is closest to the urethra, the tube that leads urine from the bladder to the outside of the body.

The cells called the g-spot are microscopically different looking from surrounding cells. However, in tests, their function is not different.

So, IN MY OPINION, the g-spot adds an extra dimension of pleasure for women when the area is pressed by stimulating the urinary system and perhaps, the sensitive cells from the clitoris thus enhancing a potential orgasmic experience.

If I were you, I would have trial and error to find that area called the g-spot. Be sure you are turned on alot before your partner tries to find it."--MSB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Getting rid of a spot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a spot, how can I get rid of it quickly?

Is this the right spot? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not entirely sure if this question is in the right spot, but my boyfriend is into wichcraft and such, and he keeps referring to one of his hands as his "positive hand" and I was wondering what is a positive hand? He also said he uses his "second finger", what does that mean?

Red Spot [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 17 and a virgin. A few days ago I noticed a red spot with a yellow (Pus) centre at the base of my shaft. Since then it has risen, but is still only about 1cm (maybe less) in terms of width. I haven't gone to a doctor or anything yet since I haven't had any real pain from it. I need some...

View more questions Search