Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kapu2006 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Am I going to jail
    I've been dating the girl she's 17 and a half 18 next mouth she's a ward of the state and in foster care she's stayed over my home for a few night and she got sick tonight and I had to take her to the ER now her step dad the resone she's in foster care is pissed off at me and trying to put my away from what I've been reading they can't do any thing about it please give me some info thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 07:23 PM
    What state are you in?

Jul 27, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Mass
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 07:33 PM
    The age of cosent in MASS is 16 for girls 18 for boys. So no legal issue there, The fact she is in foster care and you keep her from her home? I don't see it happening but they may do something there for interfering with custody perhaps.

Jul 27, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Well OK I see that point but what if I didn't know she lie about were she would be staying to the foster people so but isn't it a point that her step dad has no league right to kick me out of the ER he has no control of her
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 07:45 PM
    DSS has its own laws pretty much but they would probably have to be the ones to press any charges. Her step dad may not have any say in the matter depending on the legalities of her being removed from his house or him most likely not being a legal guardian in any way.
    If the foster parents have been okay with her being there that may work in your favor that they should not be able to get you for harboring a minor. I think the age of consent would cover 16 for her not going home too.
    Age of consent in Mass is 16 but again DSS has their own laws.
    I think the step dad is blowing smoke

Jul 27, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Yea he is a tool and I'm a good man last of a dying breed thanks every one for helping I'm more worried about her being in the ER then going to jail any way but I do thank you all for your help her step dad is also on probation for I don't know what and so if any thing I will get to see here again in a mouth
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2008, 07:57 PM
    What age are u??

Jul 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
    I'm 20
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Well 3 years is my limit on girls.
    So its OK.

So you should tell the step dad to plainly off.
    That his step daughter does not want him in her life and if he cared about her in any way respect her wishs.

I am 18 now and I want my way in any situation.
    So I'm guessin she is the same with the way she wants things.

Its her choice if anything happens.
    So consult her about it and hope for the best.

Best of luck

Jul 27, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Thank I don't think I didn't any thing bad except keep her over night so I think I'm fine thanks
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 08:12 PM
    He doesn't need to say anything to the step dad AND he shouldn't
    The foster parents and DSS are in charge
    And she is at the age of consent so I don't think he can even be charged with harboring a minor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I going to jail [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living in hotels for two years and I had no money so I stole 15 dollars worth of food from wal mart to feed my kids I got cought I went to jail and now I am on probation I have been on probation for 4 months now and I have not made a payment because I cannot afford it my revocation...

Can I go to jail [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know I have credit card debts by I am no able to pay I am disabled and I live of ssi benefits can I got to jail because I can't pay I got summons to the court what is going to happen to me

My man is in jail. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello? My man is in jail for somehing ne did not do and his pro told him that he had to go in front of a judge to see when he will get out how long do you think that will tack. Can anyone help me by answer my question please

Can I go to jail for this. [ 14 Answers ]

I am 18, I go with a 15 year old mexican. We have a baby on the way and people say that I can go to jail for dating him. But we stated dating when I was 17, so is this true?

Am I going to jail? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I worked for a small baby store . I was the manager if the store for about 5 months during those five momths I was taking money from the till, I wanted to pay it off but it got ot late and I was fired , and I was fired last week and I was suppose to come up with 7,500 but...

View more questions Search