Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HarajukuGirl Posts: 207, Reputation: 9

Jul 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
    General Anestesia
    I will be having surgery on August 4th.
    They will give me General Anesthesia.

I have a few questions:

1.Are there any risks to general Anesthesia? If so, what are they and how often do that occur?

2.Is it okay to go into surgery while you have your period?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Although the risks of serious complications from general anesthesia are very low, they can include heart attack, stroke, brain damage, and death. Anyone scheduled to undergo general anesthesia should thoroughly discuss the benefits and risks with a physician. The risks of complications depend, in part, on a patient's age, sex, weight, allergies, general health, and history of smoking, drinking alcohol, or drug use. Some of these risks can be minimized by ensuring that the physician and anesthesiologist are fully informed of the detailed health condition of the patient, including any drugs that he or she may be using. Older people are especially sensitive to the effects of certain anesthetics and may be more likely to experience side effects from these drugs.

Patients who have had general anesthesia should not drink alcoholic beverages or take medication that slow down the central nervous system (such as antihistamines, sedatives, tranquilizers, sleep aids, certain pain relievers, muscle relaxants, and anti-seizure medication) for at least 24 hours, except under a doctor's care.

This question should have been discussed the day your surgery was booked. You or your parent will more than likely have to sign a consent form which should outline these risks.
    HarajukuGirl Posts: 207, Reputation: 9

Jul 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

General Petraeus or General Betray Us? [ 37 Answers ]

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1242/1356147370_95b0e2cea6_o.jpg This MoveOn.org ad states, "Every independent report on the ground situation in Iraq shows that the surge strategy has failed." That is a bald-faced lie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MoveOn at the forefront of the "Bush...

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

General Law [ 2 Answers ]

If you are sued in California, must Nevada uphold the suit?

View more questions Search