Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeetfresh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Civic won't start... please help
    It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark wires and that didn't do anything... also I checked the pump and it is fine.. the service engine light comes on for 2 seconds when the key is on.. and then flashes as the car cranks... please does anyone have any suggestions to fix this
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

May 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
    Year make model?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Could be a bad MAP sensor, which sends information to the ECM concerning spark advance and air/fuel mixture. If it is bad, the car will crank but not start. All attempts to check for engine spark will be futile. If all fuses are good, turn the ignition on and disconnect the MAP sensor connector and wait for several minutes and see if the Check Engine Light goes out. If it does, replace the sensor, which is very expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

94 Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, this one has really aggrivated me so I am hoping that someone can help me figure out the problem and fix it. I have a 94 civic, manual (5 speed), that was broken into recently. When I got it back the ignition assembly was punched and useless. I purchased a new one and put it in place of...

My 91 civic dx won't start... I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

Well I just did a rebuild on my 91 civic dx and put the engine back in connected everything the same and everything seems to look right before I did the rebuild the engine did run now when I first turned over the key it started for maybe 5 secs then died and will not start I'm getting spark and...

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

View more questions Search