Jul 27, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Purpose of a dehumidistat
    How do I know if I need a humidistat?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Purpose of a dehumidistat

How do I know if I need a humidistat?

You have a conflict here. They are two different animals.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Make up your mind. Dehumidification removes moisture from the air Humidifying adds moisture to the air.

In a home system you can humidify using water and all sorts of delivery methods. Usually people humidify during the winter months if the humidity is low.

Air conditioning usually dehumidifies as a side effect although dehumidifiers exist.

You don't have the ability to run heat and AC at the same time in a home system, but you can in some cars. You see the effect of dehumidification, by running the AC and the heater at the same time when it's raining and cold. You will feel much warmer.

The temperature and humidity range that your comfortable at in winter and summer help make that decision. You can do more dehumidifying in AC mode with some tricks. Sacrificing temperature for humidity or running the fan on low speed rather than high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning on furnace fan with a dehumidistat switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small house and don't need a whole-house sized dehumidifier. I'm thinking that I'd like to run a portable dehumidifier that gets power through an external dehumidistat switch. That switch would also turn on the house fan, to circulate the dry air, when the dehumidifier is turned on....

P-trap purpose [ 9 Answers ]

Is a p-trap necessary? I installed a garbage disposal and the outlet was lower than the drain in the wall, and didn't have sufficient room, so I installed just a straight pipe with a curve to the drain in the wall. Is this OK, or am I going to have problems? Thanks

Purpose of Life? [ 85 Answers ]

I know and believe what my purpose in life is, Do you know yours? And whatever you believe, could you please explain how have you reached this conclusion? Thank you in advance for all your thoughts! :)

NYC resident for tax purpose or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I entered the U.S. in July 2005 and just graduated with my MBA in May 2007. I am now here on F-1 Visa status. I am working with a company in NYC. I also live in NYC. Would I be considered as a NYC resident for tax purposes? Am I getting NYC taxed on salary and bonus? Thank you so much...

View more questions Search