Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syesez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Can you protect painted surfaces
    Hi my wife and I have just finished painting our daughters wardrobe and draws we had to use regular paint due to the funky colours is there anything we could paint over to protect the paint from wear and tear and wipe down etc thanks
    Peter Wilson Posts: 86, Reputation: 19

Jul 27, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Dear Syesez, you could try a polyurethane two pack clear over it, but I would do a test area first to make sure it doesn't react with the paint, i.e.. Cause the paint to bubble. Poly urethane two pack is best applied with a lambswool pad. Hope this helps. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 02:39 AM
    The above answer is good! But, it would also help if you could describe a little more as to what you consider to be "regular paint."

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to clean parvo virus on porous surfaces? [ 15 Answers ]

How do you clean the parvo virus on carpet and other porous surfaces as well as grass?

Painted paneling looking sad [ 1 Answers ]

Help! :eek: I've painted over paneling with a sealer/primer and it's peeling off in places when I go over it with a brush (along the edges) and sometimes right on the wall with the paint roller putting on the next coat. Also it's turning the white primer yellow. It looks splotchy, and obvious that...

Sealing a painted egg [ 5 Answers ]

I have painted a design on a egg , and now want to cover it with a thick but clear coating , does anyone know what I could use to do this..?

He painted my car! [ 13 Answers ]

Ok so I work at a hotel that is under going renovations. The maintenance guy for our company was painting the awnings of the hotel and the overspray from him painting got all over my car. I just got my car in November and just had a brand new bumper put on it in December. Now I have red paint dots...

Fingerprint development on oily surfaces [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know... 1. What do you do when you encounter a fingerprint on an oily surfaces, such as fingerprint on a gas tank or in the kitchen, how do you collect it? 2. Is it only by photography? (because sometimes photography alone is not good enough) 3. Is there any other...

View more questions Search