Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olivia11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Set Aside Agreement
    My friend,unsophisticated in realty law, who holds a first mortgage on property that is in default,signed an agreement he didn't understand prepared by an attorney on behalf of a very sophisticated businessman.
    I'm trying to help him set aside that agreement as he is limited in funds.
    I am in the realty business and I have never seen a more complicated,convoluted agreement that essentially gives away what my friend was to get under a recorded first mortgage.
    Obviously,he didn't have nor was it recommended he get legal advice before signing this agreement that is so detrimental to him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 05:54 AM
    I see no requirement that anyone "tell" him to get an attorney that is expected to be fairly common knowledge

If the contract is illegal ( has terms and conditions not within real estate law) it may be overturned for that reason.

But if in default, what is the issue with a foreclosure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tense agreement [ 2 Answers ]

WHICH IS CORRECT? (Watch the tense shift.) "She sometimes needed reminders to keep the talk focused on the novel. Her art demonstrates her ability to reflect on fictional characters. Her self-portrait as a mouse is a dramatic composition, inspired by Despereaux." OR "She sometimes needed...

A leese agreement [ 4 Answers ]

My tenant does not send to me his paychek for 10 days. What would you suggest? Do I have a right to terminate the contract? Thank you. Ilia

Roommate agreement [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter signed a roommate agreement to rent a room in an apartment agreeing to be the lease holders roommate. The person with whom she signed the lease signed the original lease on the apartment. He charged her a security deposit. This agreement is for 6 months. The lease holder then leased...

Verbal agreement in PA [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into an apartment with this guy I hardly know and my boyfriend. The place is very nice, however, our roommate is not. I also have to move back to NJ due to some family issues. Our lease on the place is 2 months. Basically, if we decided to move out we would have to give our...

G-8 GW emissions agreement [ 1 Answers ]

At the G-8 summit an agreement was reached to “seriously consider” a proposal to halve greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.The goal is not mandatory, but rather a “target.” One of the key factors in the proposal is the effort to get China and India on board, because without them,...

View more questions Search