Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Sprint music
    When you download a song from the sprint music store are you buying it?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 30, 2008, 10:12 AM
    When you download software or music, you are not purchasing the product, you are purchasing a license to use the product. It sounds nitpicky but I am trying to truthfully tell you how it works. Music, software and the like are considered intellectual property. You do not purchase this property. If you did, it would imply that it was yours to use, alter, arrange, rewrite, etc. as you see fit. This is not the case. The license you purchase gives you the right to use the product as the seller of the license intended. In the case of software, when you purchase a license, it does not mean you have the right to install it on more than one computer. The same with music. They will often tag the music file so that it can not be duplicated or moved to a different computer or device (phone, iPod, mp3 player, etc.).

When you legally download music to your phone, you are either paying for it on your next bill or some songs may be part of the fees that you already pay in a cellular phone package. Either way, there is not much out there that is truly free. If you are paying for cellular time or download time, then it is still not free is it? If someone else in the family is paying, then avoid them when the bill comes in.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Comment on chuckhole's post
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sprint threats [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, my name is katherine dolly, my mother received a call about an old sprint bill 517. She never paid. This company resp. sprint stated they and file a 1099 fee and attached a 3200 $ attorny fee and take it from her tax/ social sec. check. Is this true. Is this a new law. Unpaid bills paid...

Sprint policies [ 1 Answers ]

Will Sprint report me to the credit bureau while I'm contesting what I consider to be an unfair cancellation fee?

Sprint mobile broadband card [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go on the internet if I have a sprint mobile broadband card? Does this card mean I have wireless internet:confused:

Do humans work at Sprint? [ 4 Answers ]

Can ANYONE please tell me how to get something accomplished with these morons? They sent me a broadband card almost a month ago-assuring me it would work with a PC-it doesn't. I have since logged 5 hours on hold, being transferred, explaining myself, etc just to get the address to mail this sucker...

Sprint [ 6 Answers ]

Hey folks, got a good one for you. Hubby and I just got a letter in the mail from a law firm in Utah claiming that we owe Sprint Communications a little over $50. We have never used Sprint and never plan to, geez we don't even have long distance access, that is what our cell phones are for. ...

View more questions Search