Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rugbug Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Free software or buy it
    I am looking for a program so I can print both sides of a document on one document
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:43 PM
    I do not understand your question.

This is a simple print feature available on most ink printers, manually or with laser printers with a duplexer.

Can you rephrase your question or tell me exactly what you are trying to do, please.

Jul 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
    I cannot use a duplexer

Jul 26, 2008, 08:33 PM
    I cannot use a duplexer. It is not in my printer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 08:46 PM
    All of my standard print options, word perfect, word and another all do this, it is in the additional options, for a two sided document.
    My 30 dollar lexmart printer I carry in my work truck will do it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Chuck is right, when you bring up the PRINT OPTIONS to print a long document in your program (Word?), you will often find these options. It is completely up to your particular printer, or you can even do and odd pages/even pages to do a manual sort of duplex printing.

Here is an excerpt from my Word help file:
    =================
    Some printers automatically print on both sides of a page (automatic duplex printing); other printers allow you to manually reinsert pages to print the second side (manual duplex printing); and some printers do not support duplex printing at all. To find out whether your printer supports duplex printing, you can check the printer manual, contact the printer manufacturer, or check the printer's properties by clicking Properties in the Print dialog box.

To find out whether your printer supports duplex printing
    The options in the Print dialog box can vary depending on your printer options and configuration.

You can use the following clues to determine whether a specific printer supports duplex printing:
    • Check your printer manual or consult your printer manufacturer.
    • Click the tabs in the
      • Check your printer manual or consult your printer manufacturer.
      • Click the tabs in the Print dialog box and review the options. If options such as print on both sides of the paper, duplex printing, or two-sided printing appear on any of the tabs, the printer probably supports automatic duplex printing.
      dialog box and review the options. If options such as print on both sides of the paper, duplex printing, or two-sided printing appear on any of the tabs, the printer probably supports automatic duplex printing.

Notes
    • If you are printing to a combination copy machine and printer, and the copy machine supports two-sided copying, it probably supports automatic duplex printing.
    • If you have more than one printer installed, it's possible that one printer supports duplex printing and another printer does not.

To manually set up a printer to print to both sides of a sheet of paper

With some printers, you can use the Manual duplex check box under Printer in the Print dialog box. Word will print all of the pages that appear on one side of the paper and then prompt you to turn the stack over and feed the pages into the printer again.

You can also use the following procedure to set up your printer for manual duplex printing:
    1. On the File menu, click Print.
    2. In the lower-left corner of the
      1. On the File menu, click Print.
      2. In the lower-left corner of the Print dialog box, in the Print box, click Odd pages.
      3. Click OK.
      4. After the odd pages are printed, flip the stack of pages over, and then in the Print dialog box, click Even pages.
      5. Click OK.
      dialog box, in the Notesbox, click Odd pages.
    3. Click OK.
    4. After the odd pages are printed, flip the stack of pages over, and then in the [bbcode][/bbcode]dialog box, click Even pages.
    5. Click OK.

[bbcode][/bbcode]
    Depending on the printer model, you might have to turn and reorder the pages to print the other side of the stack.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Rugbug,

What we are telling you is that this is a function of most print drivers.

How about you tell us what you are trying to do and what make and model printer your friend has, and why you believe this cannot be done on his/her printer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Free antivirus software [ 14 Answers ]

Which is your opinion regarding best free anti virus software?

Need Free Commercial Antivirus Software [ 5 Answers ]

I am part of a company, Valdez Youth Awareness Coalition (YAC) and was wondering whether there was any free commercial antivirus software that I could download. I need it soon because I am connected with an unprotected computer.

Need Free Commercial Firewall Software [ 5 Answers ]

Like in my other post, I need free commercial firewall software. I need the firewall because the Windows Firewall isn't as good as I would like it, and I really need that firewall asap.

Mp3 free software [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any free softwares like audiogalaxy for downloading free mp3s

View more questions Search