Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystal1826 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 07:17 PM
    I don't want to leave my fiancé but I don't know what to do?
    I have been with my fiancé for a 1 year.We have really been through everything together.
    There is just one problem that cause the most trouble.He has a 3 year old daughter with his exwife of seven years.She took his daughter away from him and he just got her back today.He had to drop his restraining order against his wife to see his little girl.I asked him to at least meet her somewhere and she wouldn't do that,so we picked his daughter up at her house.I asked him to at least not go in and he did that.I understand that he feels obligated to do that for his daughter.His exwife and him just got the divorce last week.I am pretty insecure.Now she has our home phone number and she called. I asked him she is going to call everyday and he didn't say anything.I love Bryant but I just don't know what to do.When he has her he totally ignores me like I am not even there.I love him so much. I was pregnant and then lost the baby and he has also been acting odd since then. Please help me... should I hang in there a while longer and see if things clear up or should zi take it to another level? PLEASE HELP!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:23 PM
    When his daughter is with him he ignores you, why don't you join in, spend some time getting to know his daughter? If you are going to get married then this little girl is going to be a part of your life.

Once you have a child with someone you will forever be connected to that person. His ex-wife and him share a large responsibility, their daughter, so of course they have to talk to each other.

He picked up his daughter at his ex's house and went inside to get her, of course he did, she's three, the mother probably wanted to explain what she had packed etc. to him.

You say you love him, but it sounds like you are jealous of everyone that is in his life. If you think that he's going to give up a relationship with his daughter to be with you, then you are mistaken.

If you decide to stay then you need to support him, stop expecting all of his attention and get to know his daughter better. If you can't do that then leave and find someone who can give you all the attention you need.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Well first, no he did not have to drop the restraining order to see the child, he could have had, though the court, it required that a 3rd party pick up and take the child back. This is done 1000's a time a day all over the US.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Make peace NOW, before you get married, that you will ALWAYS take second place to the daughter. And that's how it should be. That child is his prior responsibility and he broke up that girl's family... for whatever reason.

Now, you and everyone else step back and let them do/be whatever they have to/be to succeed for the next 15 years. You never, never, never exercise jealous thoughts. You understand and accept the situation NOW, or you stop the whole process and get off the bus.

When you and he have children together later, you will STILL respect his priorities with his first child and first wife. Your jealousies are irrelevant (hard to swallow, isn't it?) and your interference is actually wrong. If he asks for help, give it. If he breaks promises to service his child/parent relationship, you applaud his proper priorities.

This is the bus you are choosing to ride. Get on and enjoy all that it means and support the process, or get off the bus.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 01:53 PM
    I hope you get some professional help for your insecurities, and to get over the loss of your own child.

The world will look differently then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's going to leave me if I don't give him an answer soon [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 23. For the first part of our relationship I lied to him about being raped and I was pregnant, but I was raped once. I don't know why I did that but I did. Another than that I've been telling the truth about everything. So things wasn't better but he could talk to me...

My G/f of 3 1/2 years cheated on me, but I don't want to leave. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 3 1/2 years cheated on me. Im so hurt and so disgusted, she did everything we do. He got the love that was supposed to be mine.. But I don't want to leave. See, she was a virgin when we first me, and I took her virginity. I've been wit 5 girls in my life, including her, and these...

I want to leave my husband, but don't know how. [ 1 Answers ]

I am no longer "in love" with my husband. I had a certain respect for him as he is a good man and an okay father, but am just not in love with him. We have been married for about 2 1/2 years and I guess from about 6-8 months into our marriage I knew he wasn't for me. The first time I tried to leave...

View more questions Search