Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butlepat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
    I found two bugs in my yard and I would like to know what they are.
    Name:  Fuzzy yelllow & black bug 1_IMG.JPG
Views: 1162
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  Fuzzy yellow & black bug 2_IMG.JPG
Views: 1551
Size:  118.9 KB

Name:  Fuzzy yellow & black bug 3_IMG.JPG
Views: 1208
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  What is it 1_IMG.JPG
Views: 1130
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  What is it 2_IMG.JPG
Views: 1563
Size:  89.1 KB

Greetings,
    I was doing some yard work and came across these two bugs and I have no idea what they are.
    I am sending a few pictures I took of them in hopes of someone smarter than me in the area of bugs.
    The 1st is a fuzzy yellow head with a black body with legs. I looks like a cross between a bumble bee and a bug of some sort.
    The 2nd looks like a bug in a cocoon. The back of the body appears to have a "hole" in it.

I'm hoping that the pictures I am sending will help to shed some insight as to what they are and if I need to be concerned.

Thank you for your help.
    Patty
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 05:27 PM
    They are bumble bees
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Jul 26, 2008, 07:58 PM
    The one looks like a what I always call a "wood- boaring bee". They chew perfectly round holes in your wood and you can actually hear it. It's kind of creepy. The one w/ the fuzzy yellow head. They don't sting so you can hit it and it'd be OK. The ones I have in my yard are very territorial. They go for your head!
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 27, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Erin is almost right. They look like carpenter bees. While they're not very aggressive, they can sting. Look under wooden eaves for perfectly round holes about the diameter of you little finger. There's one bee per hole - they drill up an inch or so, then along the grain to lay eggs. Their damage isn't usually enough to worry about but if their numbers are sufficient, it can cause structural damage. They tend to return to the same place each year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

10 yard and 40 yard dash [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what is a good 10 yard and 40 yard sprint time for a high school runningback?

Bed bugs [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My Son's Bed Has Been Infested With What We Think Are Bed Bugs. Is There A Home Remedy To Correct This Problem? We Have Thrown Away 2 Mattresses In The Last 2 Months. We Don't Have Much Money So It Is Becoming Very Costly For Us To Keep Throwing Away Mattresses.

Bed bugs [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest Me Any Home Remedy Of Killing Bed Bugs Not Of Pestcontrol. Thanks

Daschund puppy - found motionless in yard - possibly a seizure episode [ 2 Answers ]

Hello -- Yesterday evening I found one of my 10 week old puppies (we have 2) in the back yard laying motionless. Her eyes were open but not moving. She didn't respond to my voice nor touch. I could barely make out a soft whimpering when I got up close. I got a blanket, put her on it,...

View more questions Search