Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaraDanae Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Tattoos.Good or Bad?
    I just recently got a tattoo and my boyfriend hates it, he says that I ruined my body. The tattoo I got is on my back and I love it, but he says that tattoos look bad on everyone. So my question for all of you is... do you find tattoos to be attractive or do you find them to be a bad idea?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Depending on what the subject matter is and location on the body, I think tats can be very attractive addition to beauty.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Many people must find them attractive or so many people wouldn't have them
    Basically it is a personal preference and like Tickle said it depends on the subject matter and how attractive it looks on you. Like I like a simple unique colorful tattoo but I hate the over all tattoos that have no central theme and the drawings do not work together.
    But even still if somebody hates tattoos none of that is not going to make a difference.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I say it depends on the tattoo. I have 4 on my back and I want to get at least 2 more in the future.

On the other side of the coin, I have an ex-friend who got crazy into tattoos. She got some stars on her sides, which I thought looked awesome. Then she got a dagger on her chest, with a skull head and pink wings; she also got the word "Meow" tattooed over her stomach in graffiti writing so I told her she was stupid. Just like N0help said, she completely lost any theme she had and her body looks ridiculous now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 03:21 PM
    I love my tattoo and I'm getting another in winter.

To address the boyfriends issue, he has no right to tell you what to do with your body. If he doesn't like it, can't live with it, then show him the door.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 03:32 PM
    I think they are ridiculous, look tacky, and have no place in a professional work environment.

I'm also half a hundred years old.

I listened to my old man, gripe and complain about his, that he got in the Army Air Corp.

It was an airplane, on his upper forearm.

He ended up in the Insurance business, and always got in trouble because it showed through his nice white dress shirt, and was frowned upon.

Having seen how unhappy he was that he had it, and couldn't easily get rid of it, I have never even considered one.

That though, was 2 generations ago, and I know times have changed somewhat.
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 04:21 AM
    In my opinion a tattoo is a form of self-expression. It may not be beautiful to me, but all that really matters is that happiness and enjoyment of the owner.
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Aug 18, 2008, 04:29 AM
    People who get tattoos like them and it's kind of like an addiction after you get one... you just want more! People who don't have them don't want them, obviously. I for one love them. I have 2 and their like souveniors if you will, or memories to me. And they give a great story.
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Aug 18, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Hello all!

I love tattoos and have a few myself... I think it depends upon the persons nature as to if they like tattoos or not!

Do not worry about the comment you received, it is your body and you are free to decorate it is you please!
    verytute Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I feel its up too the person who gets them it's their body and they have a right too exspress themselves in the way they want too and I find it a bit rude of your boyfriend too be putting you done for having one if he loves you it shouldn't matter what you have you are you for what is on the inside not just because of a tattoo or a body piercing and too let you know there is going too be at least one person in this world that isn't going too like one thing or another cause if we all liked the same things in life this world would be mighty boring I have a tattoo myself and also have my tongue and navel pierced and at one time I had my labret done too but had too take it out do too work cause this world can't except that we are all different I know people who have one tattoo and I know people who have most of there body covered in tattoos and too tell you there truth they are all sweet people and too see the way people react too the ones who are covered it hurts because they stereo type them as too be trouble makers or gang bangers and they are far from it they have there own family business and live a well rounded life as sweet hearted people and if you just stopped for a moment and got too know them for them and not there looks you would notice it too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tattoos (sin?) [ 150 Answers ]

The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question. Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it? I have thought...

Pregnancy & Tattoos [ 4 Answers ]

Ok... There is a high possibility that I am pregnant. I would only be 4 weeks or so. I haven't seen a doctor, because I don't have any insurance. There is no state aided help that I can get that I am aware of... since I am married. I haven't taken a home pregnancy test, yet. So, I don't know for...

First Tattoos [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering, is it wise to get 2 tattoos at once? I'm not talking about huge ones or anything, just one along the small of my back and one on my wrist. I'm only asking because they will be my first tattoos and I want to know if because of that I should just get them done one at a...

Removing tattoos [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I want to know how tattoos are removed. Is it painfull?? Is it expensive??

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search