Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slartiste Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Is criminal justice degree good enough for law school?
    Is a criminal justice degree from ITT Technical Institute good enough to get into law school? And if it is, will I be prepared enough?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slartiste
    Is a criminal justice degree from ITT Technical Institute good enough to get into law school? And if it is, will I be prepared enough?

No, it is not. I am not aware of a recognized law school that does not require a 4 year degree.

Jul 25, 2008, 03:29 PM
    The criminal justice degree from ITT is a 4-year degree.

Jul 25, 2008, 03:30 PM
    It's a bachelors of criminal justice degree
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
    the criminal justice degree from ITT is a 4-year degree.

Then that degree (assuming it's a bachelors degree and not an Associates degree), some side interests and a good score on your LSAT's will certainly qualify you to apply and possibly be accepted.

Jul 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Will I be prepared for law school? How will I know if I'll be ready? Even if I do make it?
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
    will i be prepared for law school? how will i know if i'll be ready? even if i do make it?

You'll take the Last exam and your score will determine whether you will attend law school, same as your SAT's determine if you can get into a College.

I am not the least bit familiar with your degree and your school so I can't address your situation specifically.

Jul 25, 2008, 05:21 PM
    OK. So pretty much if I get a good score on my last and a good gpa, I should be able to get in? Since ITT is not a liberal arts school, I probably wouldn't be looked at by a top notch school no matter what my scores would be right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Part of the issues is yes you can go to law school, have you taken any constitutional law classes, have you learned to do any briefs like you may in other , But then you have people who went to engineering schools go to law school.

Now remember there are different levels of law schools, so unless you do a blast on the Last don't expect it to be the top school.

Jul 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
    That's the thing. If I make the grades and score well on the last, I want to be able to get into a good school, so I guess ITT isn't a good choice for me.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Part of the issues is yes you can go to law school, have you taken any consitutional law classes, have you learned to do any briefs like you may in other , But then you have people who went to engineering schools go to law school.

Now remember there are different levels of law schools, so unless you do a blast on the LSAT don't expect it to be the top school.

Right, and this was just discussed on another thread - law schools are increasingly difficult to get into.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Must have missed that, so much depends on how bad and how hard they want to work, And to remember that ( don't have current stats) but about 30 percent of all law school students never pass the bar after they graduate from law school.
    MayLisa Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Check with the law schools you want to apply to. ITT Tech is not the same as an accredited 4-year university. Some law schools might not recognize a degree from ITT Tech as legitimate or fulfilling their admission requirements.

MayLisa
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MayLisa
    Check with the law schools you want to apply to. ITT Tech is not the same as an accredited 4-year university. Some law schools might not recognize a degree from ITT Tech as legitimate or fulfilling their admission requirements.

MayLisa

ITT is not accredited? I know nothing about it.

Jul 27, 2008, 06:23 AM
    From Wikipedia:

ITT Tech is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. It does not have regional accreditation; thus, most regionally accredited or traditional universities and colleges do not accept ITT Tech's credits for transfer and do not recognize its undergraduate degrees for entry into graduate programs.[2][3][4][5]
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 06:25 AM
    From Wikipedia:

ITT Tech is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. It does not have regional accreditation; thus, most regionally accredited or traditional universities and colleges do not accept ITT Tech's credits for transfer and do not recognize its undergraduate degrees for entry into graduate programs.[2][3][4][5]

Hmm - got to wonder what the point of ITT is - ?

Jul 27, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Hmm - got to wonder what the point of ITT is - ?
    It'a a for-profit business. It's 'point' is to make money for its shareholders.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 06:28 AM
    It'a a for-profit business. It's 'point' is to make money for its shareholders.

A little harsh but thank you.

Jul 30, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Ha, just quit, that school is such BS. They won't even give me my G.I. Bill. 6 months down the drain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd degree criminal sexual conduct [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 and her ex boyfriend is 19. She just had a baby 4 weeks ago. I did not pursue the issue of statutory rape because she wanted to wait until the baby was born and see if her and her boyfriend at the time could work on their relationship. It has not worked out between them and I...

Law School with an Online Degree? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a very busy individual, I work approximately 50-65 hours a week and have no time to go to a traditional school to get a degree. My dream is to go to Law School but with family and financial problems I have been unable to go the traditional route and go to a brick and mortar school to get my...

Criminal tresspass 2nd degree! [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 23 years old married with a beautiful daughter and one more on the way. I recently got charged with 2nd degree trespassing for ending up in a woman's bedroom whom I met 3 weeks prior to the charge. At the time even though I go out and drink about twice every two months I ended up getting drunk....

Juveniles charges with criminal damage in second degree [ 4 Answers ]

Two juveniles were charged with criminal damage in the second degree. They have already paid restitution for the damages they did and we have to go to court in couple of weeks. They have never been in trouble until this incident. I'm a little concerned about what will happen to them. I know the...

View more questions Search