Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArmyWifey13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Courthouse wedding?
    OK, so my fiancée is leaving in March for war. And the wedding we want, no one will be able to attend on the account of a lot of both our family members live far way, so we decided to have a courthouse marriage and then when he comes back from war we can renew our vows in a cermony form and have the reception we want with ALL our family.

But I live in Calhoun, GA and I am really unsure on how it works down here. I have called and asked but the ladies that work there are so "high class" they talk to you like your stupid and I just don't like the way they talk fast and hang up! :mad: So if anyone knows, I would HIGHLY appreciate it. Thanks SO much
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:18 PM
    You go to the courthouse and apply for the marriage license and tell the clerk you want a Judge to marry you and then a Judge marries you. I think you have to take things like birth certificates and social security numbers.

Link to requirements Applying for a Marriage License in Georgia -- How to Get Married in Georgia
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 07:40 PM
    You get a marriage license. You then ask the clerk of the court when the judge does the weddings, you both go to court house and he marries you normally in chambers

But there are preachers who would also be glad to marry you at your home or even a public park if you would like that also.
    Heck at your location, I would do your wedding.
    grammagull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 03:02 PM
    I am in Arizona. I know it costs 50 dollars for the marriage license. How much does it cost to get married by a Judge and do we need to give them advanced notice of our plans?
    alexismarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2013, 08:44 AM
    When the marriage licence expires expires in a year will you still be married or no I want to get married to my boyfriend. We been together for 5 years what are the steps to doing this
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2013, 11:07 AM
    The License to Marry has an expiration date.

Marriage Certificates do not.

If you marry then you turn in the License and obtain the Certificate.

I have no idea what you are asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouse wedding [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have friends and family in attendance at a courthouse wedding? Do you have to send formal invitations for this type of a wedding?

Courthouse Wedding? [ 3 Answers ]

If you have a courthouse wedding, do you still need 2 witnesses? If I'm in a different state getting married, and don't know anyone in that state, could I find 2 strangers to be the witnesses? About how long does it take to get the marriage certificate? Can the marriage certificate be...

Courthouse Wedding [ 2 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I decided to get marry now at a courthouse. However we do not how to go about it. I know we have to get a license but don't know where to go from there. We don't know what courthouse to go to, or what we need for the wedding? Please help, we want to do this in the next two months. I...

Courthouse wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I live in webb county Texas and want to marry my fiancé from turkey. But we have no idea how to do it. Please help

Courthouse Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

How Does A Courthouse Service Go? What Do We Wear And Do We Need Rings?

View more questions Search