Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    windrider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Wireless modem was cable is now dsl.
    I have a netgear WGR614 wirless router. When I bought it I had cable internet. Now I have DSL. The router will not connect. The DSL modem was programmed and connected through my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I have a Dell desktop unit also. Both computers run VISTA. I want the desktop to be direct and the laptop to be wireless.

Can you help?

Thanks
    Windrider
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 12:01 PM
    The router is probably remembering the old settings from your previous ISP. Make sure you do a reset of the router then plug in the phone line then the ethernet cable. Navigate to the router admin tool in your browser and enter the info for your new ISP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Null Modem Cable [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! :) My name is Matt. Can You use a null modem cable to connect two individual computers via parallel ports and have one (host) connected to the internet via ethernet? It sounds logical, but I'm not sure if it would work. I'd really APPRECIATE SOME INPUT. Thanks :)

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

Prob w/cable modem jack [ 32 Answers ]

While DH was playing with keyboard and mouse (aka working diligently,) Cute Puppy was, unbeknownst to all, teething happily on the wires leading from our Cable Modem to the junction box. Our fist sign of this was when we cleverly noticed that we had no dial tone. Now we are faced with returning...

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

Cable Modem [ 8 Answers ]

Can a cable modem be connected to any wall jack that a TV works in any room? Or does the Cable modem need to be isolated back to the coax coming in from the street and a special splitter needed. Thanks

View more questions Search