Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ash07707 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
    What is the time difference between hearing the sound at the two locations
    Two fans are watching a baseball game from different positions. One fan is located directly behind home plate, 18.3 m from the batter. The other fan is located in the centerfield bleachers, 127 m from the batter. Both fans observe the batter strike the ball at the same time (because the speed of light is about a million times faster than that of sound), but the fan behind home plate hears the sound first. What is the time difference between hearing the sound at the two locations? Use 345 m/s as the speed of sound.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 11:14 AM
    speed = distance / time

rearrange to find time, and plug in your numbers.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 25, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Everyone here already went to school or has their own homework to do. If you need help on a specific part, explain what you do know and what you don't understand. And post in the right topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hearing fog horn sound [ 1 Answers ]

We keep hearing a phantom fog horn sound. We think it is coming from the plumbing. We hear it even when no water is running, but at times it seems to happen when the automatic sprinklers go on. It used to be mainly in the morning, but now it happens at night as well. What can this be?

Oceanography:I need the formula to find the time difference for longitude [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I need to find out how to calculate the time difference... of: 118 degrees 15'W and 81 degrees 47'W Please explain, I know you divide by 15 but?? :eek:

Difference of time function [ 1 Answers ]

How to program a problem that needs the difference of time..? example,the sorting started at 10:15 and ends at 10:30.so the difference time in order the numbers to be sorted is 15min..

Drain locations [ 5 Answers ]

I am moving the bathtub and toilet drains on my concrete slab and need to know the standard distances from the wall for each drain. I believe that the toilet drain is 12" but have no know idea as to what the bathtub would be. Thank you.

View more questions Search