Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ash07707 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
    General physics 2
    A car moving at 35 m/s approaches a stationary whistle that emits a 220 Hz sound. The speed of sound is 343 m/s. What is the speed of the sound relative to the driver of the car?
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Again, we don't do homework for you and you should post these kind of questions (with your work and a specific question about what you are having trouble with) on the homework help part of the site.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
    What are your thoughts? The question is not as complicated as it might seem at first!
    Civlian Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Sound travels the same speed in the air no matter its hertz or frequcncy so the sound relative to the car would be 308m/s if it is traveling away from it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

General Petraeus or General Betray Us? [ 37 Answers ]

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1242/1356147370_95b0e2cea6_o.jpg This MoveOn.org ad states, "Every independent report on the ground situation in Iraq shows that the surge strategy has failed." That is a bald-faced lie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MoveOn at the forefront of the "Bush...

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Physics [ 2 Answers ]

These are the problems I couldn't find answers for. So pleas help me if you can. Thank you! 1) Which of these statements is true? a) Molecules form atoms that in turn determine chemical properties of a substance. b) Molecules are the smallest subdivision of matter that still...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search