Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Apr 7, 2006, 01:23 AM
    Rage problems...
    I have been finding myself getting into fights lately. I went to jail about a week ago for getting into a fight, but it was justified (if you read in the relationship threads). But I got into ANOTHER fight tonight for pretty much NO REASON. I don't know what is going on with me lately. I have always been "the nice guy" and now I just feel like I am TRYING to go totally against that. I have NEVER been the kind of guy that gets into fights, I am 23 and have only been in like 4 fights in my life. Tonight I went out to the bar with my friends and some guy rubbed me the wrong way and I just punched him in the face, pretty much knocking him out. I almost got into a fight last weekend because some guy said something mean to a girl I was with, I pretty much had to be dragged away from the guy because I couldn't let it go. I am getting worried because I don't want to be an as#hole, but can't control myself. I am taking some stuff while working out that might have something to do with it, but that seems kind of trivial to me. What can I do to contol my rage, because Im not an angry person, it just seems like I jump the gun and hit people now without much provocation. Its not like I get super mad over time, its just a BURST of anger and I lash out. I really don't like this one bit. I mean, there is a time where you need to defend yourself, but now I am the aggressor. Any ideas on how I can control myself?:( :( :( HELP!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2006, 03:28 AM
    Definitely get the advice of a professional... not necessarily jump to go see a Psychologist, but start at the library and root through section 150.00.

I like to surf the web, and see lots of stuff about controlling rage, but in this case I think a good book or two is a much better start.

If you do wish to see a professional, let me suggest you seek first a Phychologist rather than a Psychiatrist.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 03:41 AM
    Hi, Jeff,
    Rage is something that some have sometimes, ever heard of the phrase "Road Rage"? It's a little similar to your question. Some get into a car, turn into "Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde", or whichever way it is, and turn into a completely different person, getting mad at others on the highway.
    Do you feel like this when you haven't been drinking?
    Do you get mad, feel like hitting someone when you are "stone cold sober"?
    If not, then it might be a good idea to not go to a bar for awhile.
    As the previous answer stated, you could do some research on the web for information on Rage and what to look for.
    You could also see a Doctor, maybe a "family" Doctor, talk with him/her about it. If you wish to go the route of a small dose medication for awhile, they could talk with you about it.
    Or, as suggested in the answer before mine, see a different Professional of some type, talking with them.
    Please don't get me wrong, with the questions about drinking. If this happens only when you have "had a few", then you might look at that part of it.
    Best of luck.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 04:12 AM
    Maybe get more info on this stuff you are taking to work out. See if any side effects are rage?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2006, 04:29 PM
    There is always someone tougher and there is always someone that would just love to shoot you. If you continue with this behavior, you will undoubtly be visiting the hospital... if you are lucky that is. All of the really tough guys I ever knew, are dead. That only leaves cowards and want-a-be tough guys. You know the type, they will shoot you because they can't whoop your butt the old fashioned way! Dude, you are flirting with disaster in a no win situation. Stop taking the steroids or whatever it is and get some counseling! :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
    First of course NO normally people don't get into fights, most people normaly just resolve the problems together or they just ignore it and go on. Or today's trend is to sue people.

Next of course people who are police officer have to fight but it is only as a last resort.

I can see the first problem "guys go to bar" when you add drinking to anger you get fights, even nice guys when they drink start doing stupid things.

Get friends who don't go to bars, stop drinking and I would guess fighting stops like that.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 04:47 AM
    HI,
    I do agree with the answer before this one. Earlier, I mentioned about the bars. If that's the place you get into fights, wouldn't it be much, much better to avoid them?
    It's also my guess that your "rage" happens at these places, and the fighting would stop. The rage would stop also.
    lylcoop Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
    Whatever it is you're taking when you workout is affecting you. Stop taking it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

IP Cop problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an IP Cop firewall that I am using to split my network in half. My setup consists of a Netgear router which goes out to my office netork of 5 or so computers, one of which is my IP Cop box. The IP Cop box then goes to a switch which I plug customer computers into. So essentially I have an...

CD RW Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Advent 7003 Laptop and can't get the CD RW Writer to write. It was quite expensive (£1,500) and is only a year and a half old! I have had problems getting it to write to CD's from the beginning. I have been told by friends that I need to buy a specific kind of Blank CD, so I've...

Ati xpert 98 rage [ 4 Answers ]

I have just bought an 'ati xpert 98 rage pro 8mb agp graphics card` and I can find no slots to fit it into. It is similar to my other cards, e.g. Modem and dvd decoder card but the connectors to the expansion slots are too far back to connect. Is there a way of fitting this card or have I bought...

View more questions Search