Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Perfect tattoo for me
    So, I'm going to offer some info about me in hopes that you guys can give me some good ideas for a tattoo.

I'm 22. The name is Cherish. I'm an Optician. My father passed when I was 15 of cancer. I have one half-sister. I love chihuahuas.

Now, here are som ideas:

Memorial for Dad.
    Matching sister tat.
    Something involving my name.
    1300starlet Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 01:48 AM
    First, I don't really want any tattoos in my body... because the bible says our body is the temple of God, and we should look after it... it was just loaned to us...
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 25, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1300starlet
    first, i dont really want any tattoos in my body.....because the bible says our body is the temple of God, and we should look after it.....it was just loaned to us...
    :rolleyes: Amazing!

As a start CM, have you seen any designs on other people that you like and could have something similar, or are you going for all-out originality?
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
    I don't want anything close to anything anyone else has.
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:11 AM
    And I should probably mention that I am not at all religious. No crosses or such. Feel free to ask questions to get more info.

Jul 25, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Fair play!

Well a memorial to your Dad sounds a really nice idea then, and will be unique (unlike matching tatoos with your Sister, as you'll both have them! Ha ha!)
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1300starlet
    first, i dont really want any tattoos in my body.....because the bible says our body is the temple of God, and we should look after it.....it was just loaned to us...
    You are new here, so I will spare you a reddie. I did not ask anything about religion, god, or your beliefs. I asked suggestions on designs for tattoos.
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Fair play!

Well a memorial to your Dad sounds a really nice idea then, and will be unique (unlike matching tatoos with your Sister, as you'll both have them! Ha ha!)
    That's something I really want to do, but cannot perfect an idea.

Two of the ideas I had was his name or initals with angel wings and a halo (but that makes no sense since I'm not religious)

And another was just his eyes (which the drawing looked pretty creepy).

So any ideas ON TATTOOS are always well received.
    1300starlet Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Sorry, but its just my opinion... I don't want you be sorry later, having a tattoo,. and when that times come I hoped you'll remember what I have said... good luck

Jul 25, 2008, 02:22 AM
    *ChihuahuaMomma, standing at the Pearly Gates, wishes she would have listened to 1300starlet*

Ha ha ha, behave! Are you Jewish or something 1300?

Anway, back to the question in hand! It seems like you've already put a bit of thought into this tattoo! Is there anything your Dad liked doing or maybe something to do with his job that you could incorporate?
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:25 AM
    He was a tattoo artist. But I don't want it to be about what he did, but more who he was. I was also thinking of incorporating my sister in there. He's not her bio father, but was there when she was born, signed for birth certificate, and was her father her whole life. She's hawaiian.

There is also an azalea plant named cherish, I was thinking maybe something with that, a hawaiian flower, and something for ym dad... Just pondering random things.

His name is Daniel Andrew, if that helps... sorry, can't reveal last names...

Jul 25, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Perhaps you could just have the flower as a memorial to your Dad? As simple as that!
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:34 AM
    What sort of flower? I want something that means something.

Jul 25, 2008, 02:38 AM
    The Cherish flower... although you would need to find out what it looks like first! It will always mean something so long as it means something to you!
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:42 AM
    It's not a flower, just a plant, and conveys not about who he was. That's what I want this tattoo to mean. See why I've waited four years? I was planning to get this when I turned 18.

Jul 25, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Sorry, but the Cherish has a flower, specifically a "semi-double hose-in-hose flower form with slightly frilled margins, coral-pink flower color with a dark coral-pink blotch", I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise! Ha ha! Surely that conveys the name he chose for you!

Anyway, you don't want that, back to the drawing-board!
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 02:52 AM
    My Dad didn't pick my name, my Mom did... But you're right, it does have a flower... none that I googled showed flowers... lame!

But I was thinking of something flowy pretty ethereal
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 03:28 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma was just looking for an opinion on what tattoo to have and not a judgment call! If someone wants to judge whether it's right or wrong to have a tattoo according to there religious beliefs, then it would be best for them to be posting about that on a religious board and not one that is about Body Art.
    Vision Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Ok, so I was thinking of something... what about just "Dad" written in beautiful calligraphy with an eagle feather quill? I thought of eagle feather because they are rare, and so was he... yay or nay?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Hm. Missed this question until now..

Is there something that you shared with your father? Something special? Maybe an activity... a book... song...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The perfect job? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in high school and thinking of being a forensic scientist. It looks interesting and if its anything like CSI that would be cool. Is it really a dream job?

The perfect... [ 19 Answers ]

Handjob. Seriously, need advice on techniques, because it is harder than it looks! Any tips to make him crazy?

It was perfect until... [ 12 Answers ]

The other night I went out with my boyfriend, his little brother and his mum. We all went to a family get together, my boyfriend drunk a lot and was fairly drunk by the end of the night. We all went back to his mums, where I looked after him, cleaned up his sick, comforted him, hugged him, bathed...

View more questions Search