Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novetam Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Property in Foreclosure and default in Promissory Note
    My husband and I purchase a property in Florida during the real estate boom. The problem is the market sunk shortly after and we are now facing foreclosure, we have tried everything to sell. Our big problem is that we had signed a promissory note for $100,000 to seller since the home was valued more than the approved amount from bank and the realtor told us lots of people are doing it and that the property would turnover real quick, some advise this was. What can we do, the seller is now suing for the $100,000 and we are just worried that they could put lien etc. on the home that we live in.

Sep 5, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I guess my question was too hard for anyone to answer/comment on...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 06:55 PM
    No, I do not know why anyone missed answering, but yes they can, they can sue you and get a garnishment of wages, attach bank accounts and all other sort of fun things.

? Why if you can afford to buy a new home, could you not afford the old home where the payments higher ?
    theg2nv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Yes, he can forclose on you and anything else you have a in order to get the money. Why don't you talk to the owner of the note and ask him to contact this investor at VJM Investments, He may purchase the note from the note holder at a discounted rate and that will hold off on the foreclosure. Maybe you guys can restructure the note 210-593-0984

Sep 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
    The holder of the note is not the one initiating the foreclosure the bank is, since we are behind on payment. We had hope to sell and the profit would pay on the note, but we since the market is so bad now we cannot find a buyer.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
    WHOAH was this 100K reported on your closing documents?

That is my first question... any money not on the settlement statement is suspicious...

So the seller is suing you for 100K and the bank is foreclosing on the home because you are behind in payments... right?

Sep 5, 2008, 08:52 PM
    You are correct, the $100,000 was not declared.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I think this requires further investigation...

Do you now owe 100K OVER the appraisal on your mortgage?

Afraid this isn't going to help with the bank foreclosing though.

With all of this relief effort have you talked to your lender to see if they can adjust and reinstate your mortgage?

Sep 5, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Yes we owe 100K over the appraisal on mortgage. We can no longer afford this home, we bought property only as investment and thought we would have sold by now. Depleted all the funds we had set aside for mortgage.
    sevenduck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
    See www.meisterforsheriff.com and contact me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enforcing a Promissory Note [ 4 Answers ]

I am holding a promissory note from my ex-husband. Original amount was $38,000.00. About 15,000.00 is still outstanding and 4 months past the date of payment. I am thinking about taking action as he owns property and I cannot stay in contact with him just to collect the money. Is this a...

Junior Note Foreclosure lien on other real property [ 3 Answers ]

Can a junior note holder, in this case a second put a lien on another real property owned by the same party? The property is in California and will be going into foreclosure. The second is not a purchase money second. It was taken out after. The second is calling and saying they are going...

Promissory Note [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, If a company on 12/31/05 discounts a promissory note of $30,000 at a bank. The note was created on 06/30/05 with a term of one year, and an interest rate of 8%. The bank's discount rate is 12%. How can I record this entry? I'm sort of confused with what rate to use here, thank...

Advice for a Promissory Note [ 4 Answers ]

About 3 years ago. I signed a promissory note from a friend who owned his own business to help me start up a business that he thought would be good for me. Our relationship dissolved almost three months after the promissory note was drafted. I have not heard from them until I received a letter...

Promissory Note [ 3 Answers ]

I lent money to a so-called "friend" of mine where I had him sign a Promissory note. The promissory note explained the terms for re-payment. It also clearly stated the consequences in case of default. I also had a security agreement with his home and the contents being the collateral. I have...

View more questions Search