Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Stupid Hair
    My hair won't grow long because I straighten it, I straighten it because it's frizzy. It's frizzy because of heat and chemical damage. Is there a way to have shiny NOT frizzy hair?
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Moisturize and condition as much as possible. If you use a blow dryer or irons, make sure you use some kind of product that's made to protect your hair from heat. You're hair is frizzy because it's dry and damaged.
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I do a deep conditioner every other day, and always use heat protecting products before after and during the straightening process.
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 08:54 PM
    I wouldn't be here if all reasonable and traditionals methods and treatments hadn't failed.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 28, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Your hair only grows about a half inch a month, and a bit longer in the warm months.

If its frizzy and damaged I recommend a Protein treatment. But please be careful. If you OVER to this to your hair.. including your conditioning treatments you will indeed ruin your hair. It will break. So always read the labels.
    Vision Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 01:33 AM
    Where would I get a protein treatment?
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 28, 2008, 07:17 AM
    At a salon. Also when you blow dry your hair, blow the air down your hair shaft. If you have the hair blowing up the strand towards your sculp you rough up the cuticle. Making it frizzy. Protein treatment isn't that expensive... its just a spray they leave on your hair for a few minutes and rinse it out.
    Vision Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
    I don't blow dry my hair... I will definitely look into the protein treatment though! Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being stupid? [ 9 Answers ]

I went out with this guy last year April and we went for six months,the relationship was good cause I used to be with this guy 24/7,he made sure that every time he came back from work he came to see me no matter what,but now ever since I've moved out things have changed between the two of us(we...

Am I stupid [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend has ADHD and is a skitzafrenic. I love him but I don't want to be with him. When he argues with someone it pushes me thurther away from him what should I do? Dump him or keep him. He is 15 and I am 14.

This is how STUPID I am [ 35 Answers ]

Ok, here we go everyone... I just got off the phone from my exwife, she wanted to talk to me about something that had been bothering her for a few weeks ever since I told her my exgf knew that I had called my exwife to go off about how happy every should feel now that she had brokenup with me....

View more questions Search