Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen M. Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Oil stain on garage floor
    We have a small oil stain on our concrete garage floor. We sealed this concrete several years ago with a roll on type sealer (not very heavy duty). We tried to remove the stain first by washing it with soap and water, then Windex, then CLR. Well, the stain is still there. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2006, 02:35 AM
    None of the products you mentioned are good at removal of oil from concrete.
    If the stain has been there a long time, you may have a very difficult time of it.

Check the first 3 links here for other methods that work if it's not been there for a long time:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    johnmanjesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 07:47 PM

Hey! Check out OIL GONE EASY's HOME & DRIVEWAY S-200. This is the best oil stain remover that I have come across. I am sure that it will work great until the last drop of motor oil disappears from your drive.
    Here is a link that might be useful Best Oil Stain Remover, Driveway Cleaner, Remove Concrete Stain, Bilge Cleaner, Oil Spill Cleanup - Oil Gone Easy
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 08:12 AM

Concrete is porous so the stain is in not on the concrete. Once there it can be very hard to completely remove since it can reach down into the thickness of the conrete. I have not used the product mentioned above but it appears worth trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stain wood? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is simple, I believe. What is the proper way or technique in staining on wood. I have kitchen cabinets, doors, and trim that I would like to stain. American Cherry stain is what I have, and I am putting it on pine, popular wood. I know I need foam brushes and all that LOL. I think I...

Wet garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

Help, this is our first winter in a new condo four unit building. It appears the garage floor is pitched toward the house and a flood of melting snow and ice are constantly at the entrance door. I can't see myself sweeping out water after every in and out with the car. Is there any products or...

Garage FLoor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our garage floor is concrete slab, and is in rather poor condition, i.e. the slab is chipping. Are there any materials that can be put over the floor to relevel it without having to repour the concrete. My main reason for asking this is that an epoxy or polyurethane coating over the...

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove candle wax from cloth?

View more questions Search