Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Jul 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Stressed out and need some words of kindness
    Hi, my boyfriend just turned himself in on a warrant... which was issued today, and he turned himself in today. I know you're supposed to answer and ask questions on here, but I need to talk to someone who has had their significant other arrested... I'm feeling so much right now, and it sucks because there is nothing I can do. I'm pretty sure he will be released on his own recognince (sp) tomorrow morning, when the judge gets in, because the judge didn't call back and was already home for the night... so my boyfriend is stuck in a holding cell. I know I won't be able to sleep tonight... this really stinks. :( :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Hope he has a way back home. I know my state doesn't give you bus fair any more so if you don't have a way home you are walking 5 to 20 miles.
    Hope you have good dreams tonight when things like that are bothering me it messes my sleep all up too .
    But you need some sleep

Jul 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Our police station is near by where we live. And I will pick him up.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    That's good. I am not for enabling people but being there for moral support and help when you can shows you care.

Jul 24, 2008, 08:08 PM
    What do u mean your not for enabling people?
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Like for example, if they do the crime and have to be in jail
    I know people that will always bail them out then they do not learn their lesson.
    Like my old bf's mother in law would always bail his son out and he ended up dying because he never learned his lesson.
    Or I know young mothers that sell their food stamps and then cry to everybody in the neighborhood how their kids don't have food so everybody feels sorry and feeds her kids and then she keeps selling her food stamps.

I know if my kids or boyfriend went to jail over something non serious I would do whatever I could but if they did something serious I would not help them get out. I would be there and be a moral support though.

Jul 24, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Oh okay, thanks for the explanation. I even asked the cops if I could stay the night in a holding cell too. :( Dumb, I know but at that time it felt right. He will be released. And I'll pick him up. I get what you're saying... thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Depends on your area, normally they will have to make a first appearace in court for bail to be determined. ( or if to be let out on own) So it may be the court house you pick him up from. If he does not have an attorney get one.

Jul 25, 2008, 05:57 AM
    He is being charged with criminal mischief and felony criminal trespassing. We live in NYS. No one has wrote statements against him blaming him for anything, because he was not shown any. But he got out at 3am this morning, and he saw the judge and the cops told the judge that he isn't a flight risk and that's why he got ROR-ed. What should he do now? Considering he doesn't know what evidence they have! Hes going down for smashing in a broken down and abandoned Camero, and he knows who actually did it! He was no where near the car when it was vandalized! Is it too late to tattle tale since he's already been arrested for it? Also, the judge tried telling him that this couple who was also involved, were witnesses. So does this mean that they wrote statements against him?
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Sounds like they did the crime and then went and said your boyfriend did it.
    By them acting as witnesses and reporting the crime it doesn't sound like your boyfriend has much hope. He really needs to get a lawyer and tell him the whole story. A Judge is not likely to believe him but he might believe the lawyer.
    He most likely will have to pay restitution, a fine, court costs.
    As far as jail hopefully the Judge will say the time he already spent in jail as time served.
    neo178 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 06:56 PM

If he's innocent then he will be all right

If u know he's innocent then u have no reason to be afraid
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jun 7, 2009, 03:37 PM

If he is honestly innocent,then he should hire a lawyer and fight this,not just plead out to something.Since there a warrant for him,turning himself in and staying quiet is the best thing to do. If he can't afford a lawyer ask for a legal aid.

Just b.c he is innocent doesn't magical make everything perfect,he needs a lawyer to explain his side.The court not going to listen to him,like to op said they might listen to his lawyer.Good luck.

Didn't notice the date on this post.

Jun 19, 2009, 08:35 AM

Well he really was innocent, believe me, I was there... but he pleaded guilty anyway, and that's how they got him. He couldn't afford to sit in jail and wait for a trial so his stupid @$$ pleaded guilty. I was so angry!! Now he has to pay $4,000 restitution and is on probation, pretty sweet huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random acts of kindness! [ 74 Answers ]

Hi all! I thought it might be interesting to hear stories about "random acts of kindness" from everyone. Something you did for someone? Something someone did for you? Something you saw someone do for someone else? It doesn't matter how big or small... or how insignificant it might seem. ...

Taking Kindness for weakness [ 1 Answers ]

3 weeks ago I got a call from my best friend who is not in the country. He tells me his loser of a step son is being thrown out and would I be able To find him a temporary place. I decide to take the kid in. I would not charge rent and their was no agreement.I figure kids is down on his luck....

Flood her with kindness? [ 5 Answers ]

I got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm really excited! Unfortunately my fiance's sister has a problem with me and I am not quite sure how to handle the situation... See, we used to be friends, but now I can tell she is purposely trying to be rude to me. She won't come straight out and say rude...

Stressed out [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there I thought at 1 point I was pregnant but I wasn't I was just late but now I'm really stressed out!! I get pissed of easily and I crnt be arsed wi all that because I work a lot and see my friends and boyfriend does any 1 have any tips or advice would really help!ANy tips on chiilin...

View more questions Search