Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Will I ever find a decent guy?
    I like this question asking thing. (:

Since I live in this crappy neighborhood, all the guys here are just stupid.
    The high school guys, and the guys my age too.
    Now, I'm pretty mature for my age, in my opinion, and a lot of other people agree too.
    People say I should stick to guys my age, but most guys 13 are ridiculousy stupid, and I don't like their personalities or anything close to that. I can't even find a decent guy!
    I like guys like 14 years old , etc.

I just really want to have a guy who won't pressure me into things, and understands and respects me. Being cute would be something nice to throw in. A sense of humor is always a "+" sign. I don't want him to be a total idiot, and I don't like no-it-alls.

I hope I will find a guy like this, when I'm older. Now would be great but I'm too young. *sigh* I don't want to be cheated on either! Living here gives me no hope at all.
    When I enter HS, I'll start this dating thing. Then comes college, the years of partying, sex, and others. I just hope I'll be able to fine a nice guy, and have a long relationship.

Do you think that will happen? I mean I see all these bad things happening in relationships. I have like 1% hope in me! >:| grr. :confused:
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Jul 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marriaget
    I like this question asking thing. (:

Since I live in this crappy neighborhood, all the guys here are just stupid.
    The high school guys, and the guys my age too.
    Now, I'm pretty mature for my age, in my opinion, and a lot of other people agree too.
    People say I should stick to guys my age, but most guys 13 are ridiculousy stupid, and I don't like their personalities or anything close to that. I can't even find a decent guy!
    I like guys like 14 years old and etc.

I just really want to have a guy who won't pressure me into things, and understands and respects me. Being cute would be something nice to throw in. A sense of humor is always a "+" sign. I don't want him to be a total idiot, and I don't like no-it-alls.

I hope I will find a guy like this, when I'm older. Now would be great but I'm too young. *sigh* I don't want to be cheated on either! Living here gives me no hope at all.
    When I enter HS, i'll start this dating thing. Then comes college, the years of partying, sex, and others. I just hope I'll be able to fine a nice guy, and have a long relationship.

Do you think that will happen? I mean I see all these bad things happening in relationships. I have like 1% hope in me! >:| grr. :confused:
    When you're young, you want your men older, when you're older, you're going to want your men young lol. Just relax homie!

Family > school > friends > boys > sex! Remember that!
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Kevin is right.

BIRDS WITH THE SAME FEATHER FLOCKS TOGETHER.

Don't settle for less even if it means being single for 30 years (which won't happen, I guess.)

Jul 24, 2008, 06:47 PM
    mhmm (: aww you guys are like my friends now ^-^ jp, I don't know. Lol
    *sigh*, I just want to grow up -_- when I should enjoy my young years, because I won't get them back...
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
    The first and foremost thing to do at your age, is to not be in a big hurry! Don't settle for less than you deserve, just to have a boyfriend. It is nice to hear that someone your age is giving this some thought.

Work on your education! Intelligence attracts intelligence... stupid attracts stupid! Have self respect, self esteem, and confidence. Walk into a room with your head up, and don't fall for the silly little games that young girls play with one another, and the boys. There is nothing more attractive to a decent young boy (or anyone else for that matter) than a girl who is confidant with herself, and doesn't need to follow the crowd.

Get involved in every activity that interests you! Sports, teen clubs, music, etc. Don't limit yourself to any one thing in particular. It will give you lots of things to talk about with boys, and they will know that you aren't some empty headed, dippy girl, and your friends will want to hang out with you, because you are interesting.

Never let a boy, or your friends talk you into something that you don't want to do. If it feels wrong in your gut, it is probably a wrong choice! Always trust your gut! Don't always trust your friends opinions about boys or others... find out on your own and don't be too quick to judge.

NEVER sleep with a boy at your age (or any age) until you have gotten to know him very well. This doesn't mean the second date. This means several months at the very least! Meet his friends, his family, find out his likes and dislikes. If you are confidant enough after all of that, don't set your expectations to high, but don't set them too low either. Require and expect respect.

You will undoubtedly be hurt at some point in your life by a boy. Don't let it crush you! It is a part of learning what you will and will not put up with, and will teach you the signs to look out for when the next boy comes along.

Write down things that are definite deal breakers for you, (ex: drugs, drinking, cheating,. etc.) and stick to your list. If a boy tells you that he is a Bad A$$, or something similar... believe him, and walk away!

I hope you find a really nice boy when the time is right! Don't be in a big hurry! You have plenty of time! :)
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
    The higher you fly. The better the view.

Translation: the better you live, the more you are educated, live a good life, have good friends, good neighborhood, travel to cultured places, the higher the odds you will meet a better guy. Take care of your half and the other half will take care of itself.

Jul 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
    to starbuck8 :

I did many things in life, and I learned from it.
    All not nessecarilly good, but yeah I learned.
    I prefer to experience things, but not like getting raped.. etc. etc.

Anyway, I appreciate your answer (: it's nice and helpful.

I'll just live life in the mean time, and try not to let things upset me much. =]

thanks ash123 =]
    nice saying. (: or quote, w/e ha =]
    thanks all<3
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marriaget
    to starbuck8 :

I did many things in life, and I learned from it.
    All not nessecarilly good, but yeah I learned.
    I prefer to experience things, but not like getting raped..etc. etc.

Anyways, I appreciate your answer (: it's nice and helpful.

I'll just live life in the mean time, and try not to let things upset me much. =]

thanks ash123 =]
    nice saying. (: or quote, w/e ha =]
    thanks all<3
    Just remember to have a freakin blast while you are young, and don't take life too seriously or too lightly, and you end up in a full mental meltdown like Brittney, and end up shaving your head and sitting in a mental institution, while your crazy husband has custody of your kids! LOL! (Remember to wear underwear! LOL!) ;)
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Jul 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
    marriaget - sometimes I wonder if I will ever find the right girl for me.. but I am much older than you! Do not worry, you are so young... you will have many opportunities. And being patient is not a bad thing because I didn't know what I really wanted in a mate until I was several years out of college and working (late 20's). Before then, I thought I knew but I didn't...

Jul 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
    ^^^^ haha thanks starbuck8 (: <333 your super nice, thanks a lot!
    & bigdee you helped too =]
    ylaira too (:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
    You sound like your having a boring summer, are you??
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Boys are the last thing you should be worrying about at your age. I assure you that you will find a guy, and you will more than likely break up too, it's a cycle you got through during the teenage years. You are constantly changing, as is everyone else. You will grow apart from friends. When I graduated from HS, my friends weren't the same ones I went into HS with. Then when I graduated college, my friends weren't the same as the ones I graduated from HS with. I'm not with the girls I dated in HS, nor am I with the girl I was with when I graduated college. The only constant is change, don't sweat the small things right now

Jul 26, 2008, 07:13 PM
    kk thanks =]

Jul 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
    talaniman-kinda :/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a decent clamp meter [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking to buy a decent clamp meter. In case I'm using the wrong term, here's a picture of what I'm referring to: http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/31/90923_031020041314_ExhibitPic.jpg The thing is, I'm kind of confused by all the choices out there. I'm looking to spend a maximum...

Getting a decent Job [ 11 Answers ]

My husband was wrongly a accused of a sexual crime and served 3 yrs in prison for it.He was set up by his ex-wife. His cousin was the one who committed the crime and they had his and my husband records combined in one. Because they both had the same name but different middle names that start with...

Can anyone recommend a decent mobo [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a new motherboard for my computer as the gateway one that I have just now simply isn't good enough and is fussy with ram. I'm looking for one that can hold 2gb-8gb ram and can be either intel or amd. I was thinking of the asus commando board but I'm unsue of it.;) ;)

View more questions Search