Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcernedMommy08 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Visitation rights with two army families
    Ok,I have a question. Say a man and a woman have a 5 year old child together. The mother is re-married and so is the father. Both the father and the mother's husband join the Army and move to different states. The mother has custody of the child but the father gets visitation rights. And the father is planning on trying for joint custod if not full custody. How does that work out?

Any answers or suggestions will help
    Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedMommy08
    Ok,I have a question. Say a man and a woman have a 5 year old child together. The mother is re-married and so is the father. Both the father and the mother's husband join the Army and move to different states. The mother has custody of the child but the father gets visitation rights. And the father is planning on trying for joint custod if not full custody. How does that work out?

Any answers or suggestions will help
    Thanks

I don't know what you mean by how does that work out - do you mean can the father get joint custody? He might get joint legal custody with physical custody to the mother and visitation by the father - he would have to be a part of all decisions but the child would not live here and then live there.

Is that what you mean? (I'm putting this in simple terms because I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking.)

Did the mother have the Court's permission to move with the child to another State?

If this is the same 5 year old, same parents, same situation you've posted before you would have to post all of the details to get a better answer. Reading this post alone does not tell the story - if these are the same people.
    ConcernedMommy08 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Ok,this is the same situation. It has not happened yet, I am just curious what we should look forward to. Both my husabdn and hers just joined the Army. My husband joined the Guard so we will not be moving hopefully but I am not sure what branch her husband joined. His motion for visitation rights is in process. Does she have to get the court's permission to move with him having visitation rights?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:12 PM
    If he has court orderd visitation then yes she has to get court permission before moving. If all of the threads could be combined dealing with situation it would be very helpful so all the information is in one place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a single parent and my ex boyfriend has Seizures and now he wants to take the baby to his new house were he lives with his new girl who doesn't like me and I don't know how she would treat my daughter and I don't know if he has seizure while he is holding her what would happen to her. But since...

Visitation rights [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I'm currently having trouble with my ex wife letting me have my time with our 2 1/2 year old son. We currently have a court order in place that says I should have him every other weekend and Thursday nights on the week I don't have him. So one week I should have him Thursday night...

Visitation rights [ 2 Answers ]

My ex is suing me for more child support and attempting to modify my visitation rights;my daughter does not want to see at all. What will happen when we go to court... will they get their way?

Visitation Rights [ 4 Answers ]

As a father... I need to know what are my Visitation Rights in Texas with my Son during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Can somebody please help?

Visitation Rights [ 2 Answers ]

If you signed your rights away from your child do you still have to pay child support? Do you still have visitation rights?:confused:

View more questions Search