Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kocosmomma Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Find My Father
    Hello

I would like to have help finding my father. His name is Kenneth McCormick.
    He worked at the main post office in downtown Chicago. I believe he left there in 1993-94, somewhere around then. I have only seen him twice, when I was very small and now I will be 20 years old in December. I was very angry at him at first because he never helped my mom to raise me, and she had to struggle to get me the things that I needed.
    Now, I'm not angry anymore, I forgive him because if I do not forgive him, God will not forgive me.
    I would like to get to know him and I think he would like to know me. I would also like to get to know the other members of the family, sisters, aunts, uncles, and possibly grandparents.
    I graduated with honors from high school and now I am in college. I am taking classes to become a nurse now, but my desire is to become a doctor. I'm sure my father would be proud of me. I go to church, I do not use drugs or drink and I have never been pregnant. Why wouldn't a father want to know a daughter like that.
    Last year my mom started getting calls saying that he was dead, and that he had been dead over 6 months, but then someone told her that they had seen him. I hope he is not pretending to be dead just so we never meet. I don't want anymoney from him, all I want is to know my father and the rest of the family. I grew up an only child.
    Thank you in advance for your help, and may God truly bless you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Well I do't mean this wrong but don't start assuming and expecting him to be anything For everyone that finds a wonderful mother or father, there are others that find someone who will curse them or worst.

If you do find him, use a 3rd party to make the contact to find if he even wants to meet you.

Have you tried the many search 411 search engines and the such
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Aug 1, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Would you happen to know of a middle initial he may have or an approximate age to narrow down the search?

Aug 1, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205
    Would you happen to know of a middle initial he may have or an approximate age to narrow down the search?

Thank you for responding.
    He will be 67 on December 6th.
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Aug 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kocosmomma
    I don't want anymoney from him, all I want is to know my father and the rest of the family. I grew up an only child.
    Thank you in advance for your help, and may God truly bless you!!
    I thought you didn't want any money from him?

Aug 1, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zawatska
    I thought you didn't want any money from him?

I don't want money from him, but I NEED money from him, and since he has never helped me before, and I 'heard' he found God, I was hoping that he would not want to see me homeless, because if I don't get help soon, that's where I will be. But thanks for pointing that out.
    You know, sometimes you don't want something, but you know that if you don't get some help from someone, you will not make it. Sometimes I am :confused: about this situation.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Are you searching for him because you want to know your father or because you need money? And I would not ask someone that you just met for money, whether their name is on your birth certificate. Sorry, just my thoughts.

But have you tried People Search | Background Check | Public Records by Intelius, Inc I could narrow your search down to city...
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Hope this helps, you'll probably have to pay for the information... But this is a Kenneth McCormick who is 88 from Chicago...

https://www.intelius.com/purchase.php
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Could this be him?

Kenneth McCormick
    66 yrs old
    753 E. 79th Street
    Chicago, Il
    773-723-7631
    773-821-5586

Relatives:
    Anna McCormick
    Evelyn Elam McCormick
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull
    Could this be him?

Kenneth McCormick
    66 yrs old
    753 E. 79th Street
    Chicago, Il
    773-723-7631
    773-821-5586

Relatives:
    Anna McCormick
    Evelyn Elam McCormick
    What site did you use?
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
    LookupAnyone.com I recently found a few people there by paying $1.95 per person for the info. Now they are allowing me to search for free for a limited time.

Aug 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Are you searching for him because you want to know your father or because you need money? And I would not ask someone that you just met for money, whether or not their name is on your birth certificate. Sorry, just my thoughts.

But have you tried People Search | Background Check | Public Records by Intelius, Inc I could narrow your search down to city...

You know, when I was writing about needing help, I thought about erasing it, because for a long time I didn't want anything for him. I really just wanted, and needed my fther in my life. I still don't really want anything from him except maybe his love. I want to know him, I want him to know me. I would just hope that since I am a month or so from being homeless that he would want to help me. But if I had to deceide on whether to just have him in my life, or for him to give me money, I would choose just having him in my life.
    Why is everyone just concentrating on the $ issue. Why doesn't anyone care that for almost 20 years I have not had my father in my life. A daughter needs her father. I need an example of what a man is supposed to be like. I need my father to interragate my boyfriends, hat kind of stuff.
    By the way 88 is too old for my father He will be 67 in December. But really, thanks for your response!
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Good luck. I hope you find him and together you can form a relationship that works for both of you. Keep us posted.
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Because in one of your posts you made it seem like you wanted to contact him to help you with finances. I apologize if that is not the case. And I agree that women need their father's. Mine passed when I was 15. Life has been odd since then.

BTW, the search that I linked to you is for a 66 year old male with the same name, and in Chicago... I don't know where you are getting 88.

Aug 1, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Because in one of your posts you made it seem like you wanted to contact him to help you with finances. I apologize if that is not the case. And I agree that women need their father's. Mine passed when I was 15. Life has been odd since then.

BTW, the search that I linked to you is for a 66 year old male with the same name, and in Chicago...I don't know where you are getting 88.

Thank you for your help. I know that I mentioned financial problems and that I needed help, but I really just want to find my father.
    By the way, in one of your responses, you said 88, I guess that was a typo. Where did you find this information about a 66 year old by the same name. I am really interested.
    Thanks!
    By the way, I am sorry that you don't have your father anymore. Think of how bad you felt after he passed, then think of never knowing him. I really don't know which is worst.

Aug 1, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull
    Good luck. I hope you find him and together you can form a relationship that works for both of you. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much, and I will keep you posted!
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Thank you for your help. I know that I mentioned financial problems and that I needed help, but I really just want to find my father.
    By the way, in one of your responses, you said 88, I guess that was a typo. Where did you find this information about a 66 year old by the smae name. I am really interested.
    Thanks!!
    By the way, I am sorry that you don't have your father anymore. Think of how bad you felt after he passed, then think of never knowing him. I really don't know which is worst.
    There's no comparison... each is bad.

Either way, yes it was a typo I mean 66, and the link is posted...
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 10:01 PM
    By the way, in one of your responses, you said 88, I guess that was a typo. Where did you find this information about a 66 year old by the smae name. I am really interested.
    Thanks!!
    There's no comparison... each is bad.

Either way, yes it was a typo I mean 66, and the link is posted...

Aug 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
    With no certainty of what will be if you are able to contact your biological father your immediate situation tops my list of present priorities. There are many programs which may be suited to help assist you in getting back in a stabile lifestyle. I will indeed keep searching for your father for you.

Local Homeless Assistance - HUD

Aug 2, 2008, 06:32 PM
    You had mentioned that your mother was receiving calls letting her know that your father had passed away. It was probably due to an obituary for one, Kenneth McCormick (dob) March 17, 1947, in Chicago. April 27, 2008.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find my father. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jamie and I'm trying to find my dad. I haven't seen him in many years and really need to get a hold of him. His name is Lewis R. Henry and his last known residence was in Phoenix AZ. I still believe that he lives there. I tried to find his number but have had no luck with the free...

Find my father [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old, and have never met my father. I recently found some letters from him, and I want to meet him or at least talk to him. His name is Kenneth Glen Scrivens, and I think he lives in Missouri. If anyone could help I would really appreceate it.

Need to find my Father [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find my father but don't know which site to use with out having to pay! :mad:

Need to Find my Father [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shayla and I am 14. I have never met my father... he only seen me a few times when I was a month old. He use to live in Detroit, MI. when my mom and him were together. My mom was 15 and he was older than her but she cannot remember how much older, maybe 10 years or so. He is Mong...

Want to find my father [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for my real dad but I don't know the best way to go about it. Can you help?:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search