Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilyrb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Old cat, continues to walk in circles
    I have a 14 year old cat that just continues to walk in circles. I have no idea what it could be because she just started to do it all of a sudden. She also stares off into spaces and occasionally lets out a kind of wailing meow. Could she just be losing her sight or is there something else that could have happened to her?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Can she walk straight at all or is the circles just sometimes?
    All I can think is either a stroke or her equilibrium is off maybe.
    emilyrb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
    She can walk straight but as soon as she stops she starts to circles again. The majority of the time she is making circles.
    mackinnon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:30 AM
    I had the same experience with an old cat. The vet said he had a stroke and could have more. He gave me the option of keeping the cat alive to satisfy my selfishness or putting him to sleep and release him from his confusion and discomfort. I chose to let Muggsie pass on with me hugging him and the vets help.
    Thomaslover_C Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2008, 02:27 PM
    As you said. Your cat is getting old. She's getting very conffused, like as older people do. I had a dog that did that and she has siezers, and would walk in circles and would not know where she was going. She died the next week. Just be prepared just in case It's her time to go. Give her the best love you can give. GOD bless
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Sep 25, 2008, 08:06 AM
    It could also be an ear infection. Last year my outdoor male stray, Titan, whom adopted me was missing for a few days... I was worried sick. One day he showed up and I thought he was dying! He would walk in circles and sometimes his feet would give out and he would walk like a drunk! He looked all muddy and like he had been in a cat fight or such.

Well, I took him to the vet... the vet told me had an ear and sinus infection.. all, his behavior, walking in cirlces, stumbling, was due to this... he was most likely dirty, cause he was trying to find his way back home to me and must have wondered whom knows where... he could have looked as if he was in a cat fight, because he may have fell or circled into the woods that border my home and got into thorny greenery etc.

Well I hand nursed him in my garage for the next two weeks... and gave him his medication from the vet... he got stronger and well... he was fine for the next year...

Til now Fall of 2008, he is circling again... he needs the meds... as he hacks up phlem (snot) a lot and he cannot smell his food... I have to put his nose almost in it and his hearing is getting bad... I now have to yell at him his name to get him to hear me... my neighbor says he was a barn cat that there cat had about 7 years ago... did not know that until recently...

I pray that I can get some extra money (unemployed) to take him back to the vet... if not, I hope his immmune system does not give out on him... he has a new little kitten friend that has shown up and that cheers him up...

Hope this information helps, so it maybe is not a stroke... it could be like what my Titan has. God bless you and your kitty! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFI reset button continues to pop out. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outlet that has a GFI. In the past the GFI would trip on a regular basis and I would have to push the reset button back in. Now the reset button will not go back in. Do I need to replace the GFI outlet and what was the cause of the constant tripping?

Collector continues to call [ 11 Answers ]

I asked a question before about a credit card debt I had requested validation for. I received a summons at home the day after I sent the letter. I never received anything in writing from this company even though they say they sent a letter back in March. I am in the process of getting an intent...

My ex continues to play with my emotions [ 5 Answers ]

I am so confused with my current situation. My ex and I are expecting a baby. Here lately, we have been back and forth with our relationship. One day he is really serious about being with me and then the next day or so he decides that the two of us should just be friends. I can never seem to figure...

F1 to H1 . The delimma continues [ 5 Answers ]

Tax experts, I read a similar post submitted last year, but my situation is slightly more complicated. 1. on F1 since 2002 2. Status changed to H1 on Feb 1 2006 (was on OPT part of 2005 and Jan 2006) 3. Indian resident Granted, I'll be filing as a resident alien.

Moidem continues to dial ot [ 1 Answers ]

>:( Why does my system keep trying to dial out after I log off the internet. I know this is simple but I juist cannot get it to quite doing this..

View more questions Search