Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Johhni bolt
    What is a Johhni bolt, how much does it usuallly cost, where is it used installing a tiolet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I am sorry, I am not familiar with this terminology. However, you may be referring to either brass bolts that hold toilet bowl to the floor ( actually to the closet ring ) or to the bolts that attach toilet tank to the bowl.

In both cases they are sold in pairs and cost no more than $5.00 per pair. You can buy them in Home Depot or Lowe's.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Hi Mike...

Johnni bolts are the bolts used to hold the toilet BOWL to the closet flange of the plumbing waste pipe.

These bolts are installed into slots in a closet flange, then a wax gasket is added and toilet bowl is set in place and johnni bolts are tightened down. They get cut and capped to finalize project.

See picture below to see what they look like... they come in 1/4" size and 5/16" size.

I have also included a picture of a closet flange with johnni bolts inserted into slots.

After bowl is set then tank is added and hooked to water supply.

Johnni bolts cost about $2.00 or about $5.00 sold with a wax gasket. Any other questions, just pop back in and let us know...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crankshaft Pully Bolt [ 5 Answers ]

Trying to loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 87 Honda accord. Can't find away to hold the pulley and turn the bolt. Any help would be appreciated.

What size & type of bolt [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to remove the starter on my Craftsman mower. It has a B&S 12.5 hp I/C engine about 12 yrs old. I need to replace the cog wheel on top of the starter. My cheapo hex key set will not fit, what size specifically do I need to remove the two bolts holding the starter?

05 Impala caliper bolt [ 5 Answers ]

I'm replacing the rear brakes on my 05 Impala, and I have messed up bad. I took of the rotors to have them refaced, but when I went to put them back on, it seems that my caliper pins are 2 different types. One is smooth with the threads on the end, the other has a small rubber seal at the end of...

Rocker Arm Bolt Stripped [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S 14.5 OHV and the rocker arm bolt is stripped. Does anyone know what size the thread are that go into the cylinder head? I am hopefully going to try and match a helicoil and retap the threads. Dang aluminum! Thanks in advance! If you have any other suggestion I could try, it would also...

Foundation j bolt retrofit [ 4 Answers ]

House has never had any tie down j bolts on The mud sill. However concrete blocks are hollow and usually They fill down two blocks with mortar and place the J bolt in the wet mortar poking up through holes You bore in the mud sill. Can I cut out the face of the block on one web, Put the j...

View more questions Search