Where the heck are you guys?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Sleeping?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Not sure about momincali and wildcat, but Chery is in the hospital having heart surgery. She was planning to be back on the forum after her recovery, which should be by the end of this month.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
    I didn't know that about Chery. I hope her surgery goes well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Yup. Actually if you guys are interested, she talks a bit about it on the last 2 pages of one of my old threads: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...t=17226&page=6

I wish her all the best too, and hope to see her back soon!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 11:01 AM
    I was skiing Dude - in Utah... did not want anything to do with my laptop. Needed a break from all PCs.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2006, 11:14 AM
    I'm jealous, Wildcat!
    I did get to ski Mammoth several times back in my youth, though. I will remember it for life!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Hi,
    I, too, didn't know about Chery. I also hope everything goes well, and she recovers fully. I miss her!
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Rickj - you need to get back out there and ski! I already miss it and can't wait to get back next winter.

Hope Chery is OK - we really NEED her around here.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 15, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Hi!
    I've just received the followinf email from Chery:
    "Thank you so much for your kind words. I am still in the hospital and do not know when I will be released to go home. Please pass on all my best to everyone. I just am here shortly so that I can clear my mailbox.

Love, Chery"

Bye,
    Millie:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Oh thanks for the update, Millie. I didn't realize you knew Chery! I have her email address but I didn't want to disturb her.

Apr 15, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Hi chava,
    I don't know her. I found out through your answer she was ill, and sent her a PM through this site, wishing to know how she was doing - since she hasn't returned as yet.
    How are you doing?
    Millie :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Yep you guys and this site was my fun for my last weeks vacation, I spent a lot more time online than normal.

But back to work on Monday and back on the road.

I missed the part about Cherry also, I do hope all goes well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Hi chava,
    I don't know her. I found out through your answer she was ill, and sent her a PM through this site, wishing to know how she was doing - since she hasn't returned as yet.
    How are you doing?
    Millie
    Oh okay... well that's good to know that she is answering her PMs. Maybe I should send her an email then. I really miss her and hope she is back soon!

I'm doing okay... I'm exhausted from the seders. Today I slept in until 1 pm. My mother-in-law left for Vancouver right after second Seder, as she has other family to go back to. Alex took the kids out this morning, and is still not back, so I suspect he took them out of town to one of the many events that happen here in the spring. Anyway it's nice to have the break and be by myself.

I have a bit of good news for us... I'm not sure if you've read about Kadane in any of my other threads, but she was the live-in housekeeper who worked for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who died in the car accident. We had been trying to decide if we wanted to have her come live and work with us, but money is an issue. Anyway Alex's parents have decided to give us some money so we can afford her. So she's coming to live here the beginning of May. The children are very excited, as they love her a lot. It will be nice for me too, as I'm getting more and more tired and with her around I won't have to do so much housework.

Hope you are also doing well. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yep you guys and this site was my fun for my last weeks vacation, I spent alot more time online than normal.

but back to work on Monday and back on the road.

I missed the part about Cherry also, I do hope all goes well.
    Back on the road? Do you travel a lot Fr Chuck?

Apr 16, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Hi Chava,
    I don't recall reading about Kadane, must have overlooked this particular message; it's really great for the kids, having along someone they're used to, and more than that - love. For you it's going to be a big relief, once the baby is born, the whole world will be different, like an altogether new planet - you need help now, but you'll be more grateful then.
    I'm fine, eating matzot, and having to chase away our youngest cat (an orange male named "Chilie" ) ha seems to think they were invented for him only.
    Take care,
    Millie:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Yes it will be nice. Kadane is a very nice lady too... I like her a lot. She's a widow, and she has grown children who live in Edmonton and Lethbridge. Actually she's happy to move from Vancouver to here because she will be closer to her family.

That's funny about your cat. Mine likes asparagus, not from the can, but the fresh expensive kind!
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Apr 16, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Oh my! I had no idea Chery was in the hospital. I hope she is doing okay. :( She's in my thoughts and prayers... "Miss you Chery girl"!:o

Apr 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Oh well,
    You'll be amazed to hear what each of them likes!
    At times even chose over meat!
    Sometimes I wonder if nobody has ever told them they are supposed to be CARNIVOURS?
    Thanks for the Pesah link, I add two which were sent to me by my niece.
    (Self humor has always been one of our greatest assets!)

Happy Passover !

!חג פסח ואביב שמח

http://haggadah.z-kit.com/h.swf

http://www.atomfilms.com/contentPlay...matzah&preplay

Bye,
    Millie
    ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Thanks for for the update. Fully appreciated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

Wildcat [ 9 Answers ]

Which do you prefer "the system" by the love doc or "double your dating" by david d.? :confused:

Wildcat this is for you [ 2 Answers ]

Most of what you say makes sense, but you keep repeating it all over and over again. Anybody needing adivce comes to this site and you hit them off with the same thing time and again. Not everybody situation is the same. Not all women are the same, Not all men are the same. I'm just saying take the...

Thanks Wildcat [ 4 Answers ]

I've learned more in the past 5-6 days then I have in 19 years of my life. Thanks for those website, especially www.sosuave.com everything there is so true and all it took was me to read it. Me and the girl actually just broke it off Tuesday (today), and she still wants to remain friends. ...

View more questions Search