Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Kitten has no bottom lip
    A stray kitten has been dropped out our house, she has no fleas, very friendly, and healthy appetite. We are planning on keeping her, but she has no bottom lip.

The first day she arrived she had a huge, mushy knot on the left side of her jaw. That knot has went away and her lip which was bloody has now scabbed over, but every once in awhile it will appear birght red.

I am not taking her to the vet until we get her fixed, but wonder what could have happened to the little thing. And is it possible for her to get an infection?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Why would you wait to take her to the vet?

What do you mean not until "we get her fixed"?

Yes, infection is a possibility, as well as injury that you can't see.

She really should be checked out by the vet, the sooner the better.
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I'm waiting to take her to the vet, cause it's a little expensive and things are a bit tight right now. And by getting her fixed I mean spayed, no reason for more unwanted kittens. But if it is possible she may get an infection I will scrape the money together to get her to the vet.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Yes.

It is definitely possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Tub is creaking along the bottom [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We just had a Sterling ensemble installed and the bottom of the tub makes creaking noises when someone walks on it. The noises are pretty noticeable. It has been over a week now. Anyway, I come to find out that the installer did not put a small mat underneat the unit that the instructions...

Bouncing along the bottom [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: This isn’t a question, but I hope is brings a response. We’ve had lots of people here lately who don’t understand what happens when they don’t pay their bills. I have some advice for them that I’m sure some of you will disagree with. Let’s see. I’m a black and white kind of guy. I...

View more questions Search