Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisakerns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 02:21 PM
    best way to learn finance
    I am having trouble learning how to do finance. I am currently working on my associates for business and the class I am currently taking is fundamentals of finance management. There is nothing fundamental about this class. I would really like to understand what it is she is teaching but after sitting there even for 2 minutes everything starts running together and the minute I walk out the door everything just vanishes. It does not matter how well my notes are. I have a feeling that there are many different ways to explain how to do one specific problem that it can get pretty difficult to understand what iti s they really want an answer for. One of the things I have gotten out of this class is there are a lot of formulas and algebra does factor into some equations but I gues what I would really like to know is what formulas go to what and how to figure them. I am very good at accounting but finance should not seem this difficult, and it could be the teacher. Is there any other methods you have to learn finance.
    Lisa
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Your professor might be the problem. I can't say you have a bad professor but some instructors aren't for some students.

As to the best way to learn finance I would probably say solve a lot of problems. What part are you struggling with in the fundamentals class? From what I remember that class has lots of similarities with an accounting class except additional PV and FV solutions and NPV.

For additional help you can always search Google or investopedia.com or even have questions posted here.
    financialtraine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 02:34 AM
    The best option is to choose any one who guides you properly and provides excellent training with well knowledge , skills, technology. So contact Top Financial Trainers India
    arunavcd Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
    I think Finance is more on the forward looking than Accounting. Finance drives performance and accounting portraits representation of events occured previously.

While doing finance, core area in the beginning should be Company Valuation Techniques. It might seem odd certain people to try out valuation in the very beginning of finance career. But I felt it is very much different and enjoyable. For instance, when IPO or Rights are done in the market(s) and a price is fixed for each share - a work of a Financial Analyst; on the other hand, Accounting information along with others will affect the price being fixed during public offer as above.

Subject matter affects the student interest on such. Certain subject areas or even subjects themselves are boring. However, Finance can be taken as 80% satisfactory subject for people who are eager to learn.

Take the finance formulae sheet found at the back of finance text books and find all other formulae widely used or talked about and you would understand the width of it. Also, be involved in the Capital Market buy at least buying 10K worth of stocks. The movements, patterns, etc. closely parrallel to foreign exchanges. WACC Calculation, Proxy Company Beta Factor usage, Type of Debt and Pricing under two methods, Financial Objectives set against the Performance annually, Application of Balance Scorecard in Finance, Propositions of M&M, 3 Type of Financial Decisions - Investment, Financing, and Dividend decisions. ....... and many more.

Enjoy Finance with Accounting and others!!! Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Learn to fly [ 6 Answers ]

I’m a person that likes to try new and daring things. My latest desire is to learn how to fly. Where can I go to find info on the best flight schools in my area?

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

How will my dog learn to tell me she has to go out? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 month old female westie. We've had her for about 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks, she has been on an antibiotic for a UTI. During that time, she has had numerous accidents in the house-understandably so-due to the nature of her illness. In the one good week we have had so far, she has...

View more questions Search