Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdub4 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Mixing colors of leather furniture.(with pictures)
    We have a saddle colored leather sofa that is 6.5 years old now with 2 matching ottomans. This is in a family room/gameroom of our house. There are no tables as a lot of TV watching/game playing etc. happens in the center of the floor - usually on bean bags. I would like to add a rocker/recliner chair to the room. I can get the same style of chair (as the sofa) but because of the time elapsed since the purchase it won't match - actually the sales person said it would look like we tried and failed to match it. That being said, do you agree that having two different color leathers (one on the sofa/ottomans and one on the recliner would look ok)? The walls are deep green (paint). We have a small desk and large matching entertainment center made of wood (dary cherry in color) also in the room. Let me know - thanks!!

Here is a link to 4 pictures:
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...r&linkid=link4
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Of course different leather colors will do wonders. I would suggest going to the paint store, getting some chips about the same colour as your existing leather sofa and seeing what you can match up. I have brown and maroon and I like it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Leather, whether the same or different colors, is always in good taste.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use lace curtains with leather and fabric furniture? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm redecorating and have a huge window in my living room with beautiful cream colored lace curtains. I want to get a black sofa to go with my red and tan walls. The carpeting is cream/tan blend. I plan to get a fabric chair and add pillows to match on the black sofa. Would my lace curtains...

Is Mixing Hair colors together okay? [ 4 Answers ]

Is Mixing Hair colors together okay or will two different colors create an undesirable result?? Please help. I want to mix a strawberry blonde and a golden blonde... What do you think?? Thank You Val

Mixing Fabric Chairs with Leather Sofas [ 3 Answers ]

I am moving into a larger home, and my living room furniture (a leather sofa and leather chair) make the new space seem very empty. I was wandering what other pieces of furniture (e.g. chairs) that I should buy, and what type of material and pattern would go best with a deep brown (almost a little...

Mixing two or more hair colors to make a new color [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, how do I mix two or more hair colors? Is there a general rule? I'm looking for a chocolate brown color but I'm also looking for new colors to try too. Thanks

Leather Furniture Repair [ 3 Answers ]

How do I repair a huge hole in leather furniture??

View more questions Search