Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    signergirl Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Feeling Lonely in life
    I feel AWFUL! I feel as though every time I go to hang out with a "friend" they all seem to stab me in the back! I always end up getting screwed in the end because I have a big heart and my "friends" always use this to get what they want! And I feel like my parents are always mad at me and my sister is acting like a brat and won't help around the house and I get in trouble when I get mad at her. I'll also be graduating this next year and my parents say that I will meet people who will be better friends and won't do that to me, but I just feel like that will happen my whole life! I need advice on what to do!
    Signed,
    Lonely
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Are you having a hard time to say NO?

Jul 24, 2008, 01:38 PM
    What do you mean? I you mean do I have trouble saying no to people then the answer is yes. I HATE telling people off and making them feel bad or putting them out and that's probably why they use me, but they shouldn't have to use me like that!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
    You teach people how to treat you. When they don't hear you refusing, people think its okay so they keep on doing what they are doing. Not everyone is sensitive enough to sense how are you feeling.

When mom is angry, reason out a bit so she will hear your side. Sister isn't doing her chore, don't do it. Just do your assigned chore. Let mom gets mad to her.

So my advice, when you don't like doing something VOICE IT OUT, SAY NO and KEEP UR WORD. It will be hard but learning to say NO is the KEY.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I just saw it on OPRAH WINFREY SHOW, because she said she used to have that "disease". It takes her 5 minutes to explain why "she can't" in refusing. Sometimes people will ask her in the elevator "Do you remember me? I was on your show." She can't really rememebr and will just try to be genial. Also, week after week, a solicitation comes up on her table and even in one point, she spoke to a woman over the phone for 5 hours, trying to stop her (the woman) from suicide

Jul 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Yeh I guess and I also just lost my best friend to a huge argument that we had. Actually I lost two. One of my friends was dating a boy two years older than her and is in college. My friends were telling me he was dating a boy on the side and when I would tell her she would say I was lying to her, when she knows I wouldn't lie to her. Then she got heartbroken by this guy and came back to me and this other girl then took him right back!! Then my other best friend and her stopped talking and this girl went to another school and stared ignoring me completely and then my best friend since 6th grade and I stopped talking. It's been hard since then and I can't let that go either and so that's where my friend problems begin.
    chiradeep Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Hello Friend! Greetings!
    I can understand what you r going through. The generation gap is creating problem at your home. About your friends, I would say keep good relationship and always think what you can give do not expect.

What gives you maximum pleasure:
    1. Soccer, or any other sports...
    2. Writing poems or diary or blog...
    3. Any hobbies that gives you immense pleasure and satisfaction and keeps you busy...
    4. Do you love to help others...do it then...
    5. Do you like to visit old age homes, go and talk to the old people and be a friend to their loneliness....

Start doing something that I suggested above and you will find a meaning in your life. Your perspective will change. Enjoy your Loneliness...

Pray and start doing it... may God Bless you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am feeling very lonely and depressed. [ 19 Answers ]

Some of you may recognize me from some of my postings on relationships. If I look back at my life even just a year ago, I was very active and not feeling so depressed. I own a business that's doing well, I have several great hobbies, I have great friends. The average person would say " Why are...

Lonely and missing out on life [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys I just thought I would ask for some advice or maybe some reassurance because I'm pretty down right now. Basically since high school I believe that I have not lived life. I never went to prom and didn't get drunk until senior year, overall making my high school career a very unpleasant...

Feeling lonely, or just missing her [ 4 Answers ]

As I have said before, I broke up with my ex back in July, we were going out fore a year and a half, I broke up with her because her family is crazy(litteraly), we were to sexual active and I just felt bored and like I deserved someone better than her, as it has been 7 months, not a single...

Feeling lonely... what to do if anything... [ 14 Answers ]

I've been feeling VERY lonely lately. I'm not sure why really though. I hang out with my friends pretty much daily, but I feel like something is missing. I know this is the time where I really DO NOT need to jump into a relationship, but I don't know what to do about it. I just want someone to care...

Feeling lonely [ 6 Answers ]

I am 29 years old single male. I don't have a single girlfriend. From childhood, I have experience that girls just don't like me. I always wanted a girl to fall in love with me and then I can shower my unconditional love on her. That has never happened. I am quite goodlooking and handsome according...

View more questions Search