Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunflower1412 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Want to sell engagement/wedding ring
    I am divorced and want to sell my old engagement/wedding ring (they are sodered sp? Together). The ring is over 15yrs old but in great shape still. Do I have to have all the original paperwork to sell it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
    You have to get it appraised by a jeweller and get the appraisal in you possession to sell the rings. It would be a good idea to have them unsoldered, which is possible without damaging both pieces. Unfortunately there is not much market for used diamond rings (if that is what one is), but you could try by setting a price according to the appraisal and advertising it in your local paper.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 06:42 AM
    The certificate/paper work may help you get better returns.

But you can still consider selling it in a pawn shop or selling it online for cash.
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 20, 2009, 10:15 PM

Sell it on eBay or craigslist for whatever the appraiser says (or start the bid cheaper)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return Engagement Ring [ 9 Answers ]

Fiancée returned engagement ring after a small disagreement over lateness and leaving her in the car while shopping for fifteen minutes. She did not believe giving the ring back meant the end of engagement but I do. By the way she now regrets doing so and has apologized. Should she get it back...

Engagement Ring [ 5 Answers ]

I was curious if I can get it back. The thing is I live in NY and the girl I am Engaged to is in another country... what should I do and can I get the ring back? TT

Engagement ring upgrade [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I are soon to be celebrating our anniversary by having a vow renewal, and we have already bought and upgraded her old engagement ring to a larger ring, so she can show it off. Does anyone know where I can go to sell the old one?

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search