Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Hoops before injured Troops
    Timeline provided by Der Spiegel on line.

++ Visit to US Military Bases Cancelled ++
    1:42 p.m.: SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. "Barack Obama will not be coming to us," a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. "I don't know why." Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.

++ Obama Takes Time to Work Out ++
    4:49 p.m.: Obama enters the luxury Ritz Carlton hotel wearing a T-shirt, black sweatpants and white trainers -- apparently to work out in the hotel's gym. He kept up the campaigning on the way there, smiling and waving at tourists and other onlookers.
    Obama Live Ticker : Obama 'Has a Vision for America and the Whole World' - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Obama's for change, all right. The vision of America, I thought, is to live free from freedom-usurping government. Obama says that he loves America and that the US speaks to aspirations shared by all people -- "to live free from fear."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
    You're mocking someone for keeping fit? LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
    No I'm mocking him for cancelling a tour of one of the largest US military hospitals. On this whole trip have you seen him meet with any of the troops besides in a staged event in Afghanistan ?

Here is what a soldier from Afghanistan wrote[ hat tip Black5 ]:
    BLACKFIVE: From G.I. in Afghanistan - "We got more thanks from the Dallas cowboy Cheerleaders" than from Senator Obama

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to
    Pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about
    An hour on his visit to ' The War Zone ' . I wanted to share with
    You what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to
    The area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the
    Commander here at Bagram.
    As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand, he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General.

As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty
    Much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or
    Work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures
    Playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to
    Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the Americans
    Back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that
    If you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are
    Providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the
    Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't
    Understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-
    Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that
    Provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see
    In the news is all fake.
    In service,
    CPT J
    Bagram, Afghanistan
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Now I lay me down to sleep,
    In Obama's hands my trust to keep;
    If I grow freightened before I wake,
    I pray Obama my fears to take.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
    He doesn't like the military, most Dem's don't.

They think it is an unnecessary expense.

Money that would be better handled by them, to do better things with, like more government entitlements and more money to redistribute.

I'll bet that if he didn't find out that the troops watch Fox News, he may have been more inclined to visit more with them.

Just knowing that they have missed all the careful broadcasts by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC that do nothing but praise him and lift him up on some lofty pedestal, kind of took the fun out of it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Seeing as how the Democrats - including The Great One - are still using the conditions at Walter Reed for political advantage, changing his mind on visiting the wounded while in the area seems rather hypocritical. But what else is new, the Messiah can do no wrong in the eyes of his worshipful followers and by the time this trip is over he will have gained all the foreign policy and military experience needed to be the leader of the free world.

Did you see where "not yet the President" Obama - who wasn't going to be making any political speeches - managed to plaster campaign materials around the Western Wall?
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    He doesn't like the military, most Dem's don't.

They think it is an unnecessary expense.

Money that would be better handled by them, to do better things with, like more government entitlements and more money to redistribute.

There's another side to Dems and the military. A lot of Dems like the idea of universal service and the draft. Sort of an international "Meals on Wheels". There was no criticism of Clinton and the use of the military by the MSM during his eight years. Dems like using the military as long as it serves their purposes; and they like using the military to divide politically America when it serves their purposes. But, yes: scratch-off weapons technology programs and the like.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    There's another side to Dems and the military. A lot of Dems like the idea of universal service and the draft. Sort of an international "Meals on Wheels". There was no criticism of Clinton and the use of the military by the MSM during his eight years. Dems like using the military as long as it serves their purposes; and they like using the military to divide politically America when it serves their purposes. But, yes: scratch-off weapons technology programs and the like.
    You know of course the only reasons they want the draft are a) the 'disproportionate' representation of the poor and minorities in the military and b) if "members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way" we wouldn't jump into any 'unnecessary wars.' Just ask Charlie Rangel.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    You know of course the only reasons they want the draft are ...
    My favorite is, "it's for the good of our young people to provide service to their country and fellow man". Right! And like every other gov't asset, find somewhere to waste it.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Does anybody fear that Obama is the Anti-Christ? I do, for some reasons! It is a little scary! He does match up to some of the descriptions of the Anti-Christ. I'm sure you have heard of some of these things. But what about the mayan calendar and them being so accurate and it ends in 2012. He would be up for re-election if he gets presidency or he might get it next term. If he survives an assassination to the head, like the anti-christ supposedely does, then I will finish it for the sake of all the people in the world that still have much to live for!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Adam When and how did you see Obama Naked to see the 666 birthmark?! But to answer your question No I don't think he is the anti-christ because that is make believe. There is no devil and God all fairytales my friend.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Understandable! I have never seen him naked. But, nobody really knows, I don't stand strong against it or anything, it was just a suggestion!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Antichrist, no. Cult leader, absolutely. :D
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 03:33 PM
    What bothers me is that leaders who have a personality cult generally are up to no good.

This is a guy who has never parked it long enough to accumulate a resume. When he was an Ill. Senator ,1st he ran for Congress and immediately after that ,the Senate Then he was in the US Senate long enough for a cup of coffee and to find the crapper before he was up and running for President.
    Now he thinks this whilwind rainbow tour is going to make him a foreign policy expert.

With all that running... no wonder he is in such good shape !
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
    AntiChrist? Cult leader? And you clowns wonder why nobody takes these posts seriously. :eek:

Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89
    Does anybody fear that Obama is the Anti-Christ? i do, for some reasons! it is a little scary! He does match up to some of the descriptions of the Anti-Christ. I'm sure you have heard of some of these things. But what about the mayan calander and them being so accurate and it ends in 2012. he would be up for re-election if he gets presidency or he might get it next term. If he survives an assassination to the head, like the anti-christ supposedely does, then i will finish it for the sake of all the people in the world that still have much to live for!
    Hahahaha! I feel sorry for you. Pity actually!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    AntiChrist?! Cult leader?! And you clowns wonder why nobody takes these posts seriously. :eek:
    Bobby, Bobby, when was the last time you saw a huge, worshipful crowd at a Bush appearance? When you have media personalities getting thrills up their leg, celebrities saying “my heart belongs to Barack” and thousands upon thousands of adoring fans who can see no wrong in the man whose traveled 57 of the 59 states, that's a cult following and he's the cult leader.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 24, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Are you kidding me? By your definition, which is inaccurate, that would include every Republican convention in the last half century.

cult - Definitions from Dictionary.com

1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
    2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
    3. the object of such devotion.
    4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
    5. Sociology. A group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
    6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
    7. the members of such a religion or sect.
    8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.
    –adjective
    9. of or pertaining to a cult.
    10. Of, for, or attracting a small group of devotees: a cult movie.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Are you kidding me? By your definition, which is inaccurate, that would include every Republican convention in the last half century.
    Being the literate guy that I am I knew those definitions, one of which is a perfect fit for the Obamaniacs... an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emailing Troops [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to find an overseas troop member to email? Many of the sites I have come upon have just led me on a wild goose chase or not been very self explanatory. Also, some of them have you email "any" troop member when I would like to find one pen pal to keep in contact with. Can...

Supporting the Troops [ 4 Answers ]

Someone sent this to me - and I was asked to share. Sharing with all of you, seems to be the best place :D Hope you don't mind me sharing. This applies to all Troops, American and those brave troops from all over the world, who stand by our side. This clip was received with the following...

Parachute troops [ 1 Answers ]

When were parachute troops first used in combat where they were dropped from the sky

For or Against Our US Troops ? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi there everyone, I'm a military wife out here in Texas. My husband is currently serving overseas in Iraq. I may not approve of the exact reason why our boys are over there, I'm finding that a lot of people are personally blaming the soldiers. Why ?

View more questions Search